• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dwj21792 View Post

Good guess. For I am Eddie Lopat
    Hints
    His father was a shoe repairman. No idea
    He was an usher at Radio City Music Hall. No idea
    Mix and match-Lopat was known to mix different speeds, long and short arm delivery, and different angles. With these different aspects, he could say he had 72 different pitches.
    Thought he might fit this category
    The three bar patrons were a play on the nicknames of the Yankees' Big 3.
    Patrick Mahomes is a Chief(Kansas City). Allie Reynolds was nicknamed the Chief. Went over my head.
    Chuck Connors played the Rifleman. Vic Raschi was the Springfield Rifle. Okay, this may be a stretch. But I couldn't think of a better one for Raschi. Went over my head.
    Of course, Fred Sanford was a junkman, Lopat's nickname. Sigh, went over my head.I wanted to include a Sanford reference. But I didn't want to make it too obvious. So I used the Big 3.
    Along with the Yankees, he played for the White Sox and Orioles.
    There you go Toledo. You got another one.
    Wow...was a WAG guess! Good one DWJ. I was really banging my head on this one...most of my candidates played into the 1960's. I only knew of two teams Eddie played for, the White Sox and Yankees, but figured I had nothing to lose with a guess.

The Radio Music Hall clue had me fully bamboozled.
    Man will land on the moon before the Mets win the World Series.-Ed Kranepool, Spring Training, 1969

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

• Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post

Wow...was a WAG guess! Good one DWJ. I was really banging my head on this one...most of my candidates played into the 1960's. I only knew of two teams Eddie played for, the White Sox and Yankees, but figured I had nothing to lose with a guess.

The Radio Music Hall clue had me fully bamboozled.
      You've gotten me into finding obscure hints.
      I have a feeling that you may have recognized the big 3 reference if you thought about it.
      Anyway, good job.
      27 World Championships
      22 retired numbers
      Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?
      Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Comment

• Good job, Toledo! I thought of Lopat, but there was nothing in the clues that led me to believe he was the answer. The Radio City Music Hall clue had me wondering, like Bothrops, if it was someone named Tony, and no one with that name was coming to mind.

It's nice to see you get one, since you're always saying how bad you are at this game. Give yourself some credit!
        Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

You've gotten me into finding obscure hints.
          I have a feeling that you may have recognized the big 3 reference if you thought about it.
          Anyway, good job.

Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
          Good job, Toledo! I thought of Lopat, but there was nothing in the clues that led me to believe he was the answer. The Radio City Music Hall clue had me wondering, like Bothrops, if it was someone named Tony, and no one with that name was coming to mind.

It's nice to see you get one, since you're always saying how bad you are at this game. Give yourself some credit!
          The blind squirrel analogy and all that...but thanks guys!

Time for a new game!

Hint: Double Demon
          Last edited by Toledo Inquisition; 01-27-2020, 03:37 PM.
          Man will land on the moon before the Mets win the World Series.-Ed Kranepool, Spring Training, 1969

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Comment

• Did you make your major league debut before 1950?
            Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

• Were you a position player?
              27 World Championships
              22 retired numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
                Good job, Toledo! I thought of Lopat, but there was nothing in the clues that led me to believe he was the answer. The Radio City Music Hall clue had me wondering, like Bothrops, if it was someone named Tony, and no one with that name was coming to mind.

He's better at this game than he gives himself credit for. But, like me, he's better at doing players than guessing them.
                27 World Championships
                22 retired numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
                  Did you make your major league debut before 1950?
                  No, I did not.

Originally posted by dwj21792 View Post
                  Were you a position player?
                  Yes, I was.

Originally posted by dwj21792 View Post

He's better at this game than he gives himself credit for. But, like me, he's better at doing players than guessing them.
                  Put it on the board, YES!

Comment

• Were you an outfielder primarily?
                    27 World Championships
                    22 retired numbers

Comment

Were you an outfielder primarily?
                      Yes, I was.

Comment

• Did you play primarily in the AL?
                        27 World Championships
                        22 retired numbers

Comment

Did you play primarily in the AL?
                          Yes, I did.

Hint:

Jim+Palmer+underwear.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post

Yes, I did.

Hint:

Jim+Palmer+underwear.jpg
                            I didn't know Jim Palmer was an outfielder.LOL
                            Seriously, did you play in the expansion era?
                            27 World Championships
                            22 retired numbers

Comment

I didn't know Jim Palmer was an outfielder.LOL
                              Seriously, did you play in the expansion era?
                              I have methods to the madness!

Yes, I played in the expansion era.

Comment

• Did you play for an expansion team?
                                27 World Championships
                                22 retired numbers

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X