• Show
Clear All

• Were you primarily an ALer?
    27 World Championships
    22 retired numbers
    Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?
    Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Comment

• Sorry, I had a flooded basement to deal with.

Originally posted by Jason R. Maier View Post
      Did you throw left handed?
      No, I did not.

Originally posted by dwj21792 View Post
      Were you primarily an ALer?
      Yes, I was.
      "Let me think it over, will ya Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some whitewalls, I'll talk to you later."
      Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

• Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post
        Sorry, I had a flooded basement to deal with.

No, I did not.

Yes, I was.
        You mean your basement is more important than this game? Shame on you. lol
        jk of course. I understand.
        Did you ever play for a team that has relocated?
        27 World Championships
        22 retired numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by dwj21792 View Post

You mean your basement is more important than this game? Shame on you. lol
          jk of course. I understand.
          Did you ever play for a team that has relocated?
          Yes, I did.

Hint:

"Let me think it over, will ya Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some whitewalls, I'll talk to you later."
          Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Comment

• Did you ever pitch in the World Series?
            27 World Championships
            22 retired numbers

Comment

Did you ever pitch in the World Series?
              No, I did not.

Comment

• Are you Rip Collins?
                Chadwick
                Rolen on to Cooperstown
                Last edited by Chadwick; 01-15-2022, 01:20 AM.
                "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
                "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
                "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

• Originally posted by Chadwick View Post
                  Are you Rip Sewell?
                  I'm not sure if he fits what we know.
                  27 World Championships
                  22 retired numbers

Comment

• Freudian slip. I typed the last name wrong. I think it's Rip Collins.
                    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards

Comment

Are you Rip Collins?
                      No, I am not Rip Collins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post

No, I am not Rip Collins.
                        Drat! For once, I thought I had deciphered your hints. Grrr...

Comment

Drat! For once, I thought I had deciphered your hints. Grrr...
                          Collins doesn't fit the info we know either.
                          Did you win more than 100 games?
                          27 World Championships
                          22 retired numbers

Comment

In my defense, he's a pre-1950 AL righthander who never pitched in a World Series. He pitched for the Browns (who later relocated). Oh yeah, and he's not Shoeless Joe Jackson.

There's the "rip"/"torn" thing from hint #1 and from hint #2 I derived that Collins and Tyson went to the same college in Alabama. It was an educated shot in the dark. It failed.

If there was a clue which I missed that disqualified him, please point it out, however, I didn't see where he "doesn't fit the info we know" at all else I wouldn't have ventured the guess.

Comment

• Hint #1 - King Richard is the subject of the first chapter of that audiobook.
                              Hint #2 - Neil DeGrasse Tyson is a well known astronomer

Are you Dick Starr?

Comment

Did you win more than 100 games?
                                Yes, I did.

Originally posted by Chadwick View Post
                                Hint #1 - King Richard is the subject of the first chapter of that audiobook.
                                Hint #2 - Neil DeGrasse Tyson is a well known astronomer

Are you Dick Starr?
                                No, I am not.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X