Who am I? game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dwj21792 View Post
    Did you have a relative that played MLB?
    Are you Jim Bagby Jr
    No, I did not. And, no, I am not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason R. Maier View Post
      Did you have any Hall of Fame teammates in the starting pitching rotation for any of the teams you played for?

(If dwj21792 is correct, ignore my answer)
      Yes, I did.

Comment

• Was the historical game a regular season game?
        27 World Championships
        22 retired numbers
        Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?
        Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Comment

Was the historical game a regular season game?
          Yes, it was.

Comment

• Are you Fred Hutchinson? Well one thing you mentioned was .... things named in your honor. He had the Hutch Award (perseverance in the face of adversity) and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center named after him. Plus he served frequently as a pinch hitter, and he missed time due to World War 2.

I'll belly laugh if I'm right!
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB0ZTyrgT9U

1966 1970 1983
            1969 1971 1979
            1973 1974 1997 2014
            1996 2012 2016

4 5 8 20 22 33 42

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason R. Maier View Post
              Are you Fred Hutchinson? Well one thing you mentioned was .... things named in your honor. He had the Hutch Award (perseverance in the face of adversity) and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center named after him. Plus he served frequently as a pinch hitter, and he missed time due to World War 2.

I'll belly laugh if I'm right!
              Jason, enjoy your belly laugh- for I AM Fred Hutchinson! Here are the clues-

#1- I did everything in baseball........Hutch made his MLB debut as a player at 19, was a manager at 32, and sadly died very young at age 45.
              #2- One of each- Hutch made two World Series appearances- one as a player with the Tigers in 1940, and one as a manager with the Reds in 1961.
              #3- Not an automatic out- Hutch was one of the better hitting pitchers in his era, hitting .263 for his career. He pinch hit over 90 times in his career, and counting his abbreviated rookie year in 1939, hit better than .300 four times.
              #4- Local boy makes good in his hometown, twice, several years apart- I had to cheat on this one. As an 18-year old, Hutch won 25 games for his hometown PCL Seattle Rainiers. Seventeen years later, while in between ML managing gigs, he led the Rainiers to the PCL pennant.
              $5- I could have been a test pilot.......Hutch was known for his temper; after a bad game, he would take his gloved hand and break every light bulb in the tunnel on his way to the clubhouse.
              And, #6- I had two things......In 1965, MLB initiated The Hutch Award. Later on, his brother, Dr. Bill Hutchinson, would found the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Care Center in Seattle.
              Good job, Jason!

Comment

• Originally posted by chinese home run View Post

Jason, enjoy your belly laugh- for I AM Fred Hutchinson! Here are the clues-

#1- I did everything in baseball........Hutch made his MLB debut as a player at 19, was a manager at 32, and sadly died very young at age 45.
                #2- One of each- Hutch made two World Series appearances- one as a player with the Tigers in 1940, and one as a manager with the Reds in 1961.
                #3- Not an automatic out- Hutch was one of the better hitting pitchers in his era, hitting .263 for his career. He pinch hit over 90 times in his career, and counting his abbreviated rookie year in 1939, hit better than .300 four times.
                #4- Local boy makes good in his hometown, twice, several years apart- I had to cheat on this one. As an 18-year old, Hutch won 25 games for his hometown PCL Seattle Rainiers. Seventeen years later, while in between ML managing gigs, he led the Rainiers to the PCL pennant.
                $5- I could have been a test pilot.......Hutch was known for his temper; after a bad game, he would take his gloved hand and break every light bulb in the tunnel on his way to the clubhouse.
                And, #6- I had two things......In 1965, MLB initiated The Hutch Award. Later on, his brother, Dr. Bill Hutchinson, would found the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Care Center in Seattle.
                Good job, Jason!
                I'm just curious about what historical game he pitched in. I think I may know. But it wasn't eactly what I had in mind when I asked the question. I could see how it could be considered historical though.
                Good job Jason as usual.
                I will start a new one later tonight unless someone else wants to.
                27 World Championships
                22 retired numbers

Comment

I'm just curious about what historical game he pitched in. I think I may know. But it wasn't eactly what I had in mind when I asked the question. I could see how it could be considered historical though.
                  Good job Jason as usual.
                  I will start a new one later tonight unless someone else wants to.
                  Maybe it's not as historical as I think. The first game Hutch pitched in the majors was against the Yankees- the day after Lou Gehrig's streak of 2,130 consecutive games ended.

Comment

Maybe it's not as historical as I think. The first game Hutch pitched in the majors was against the Yankees- the day after Lou Gehrig's streak of 2,130 consecutive games ended.
                    i guess I might consider that historical. But I didn't think of that one.
                    He also gave up the homer Williams hit 502 ft in Fenway Park. Considering that the Red Sox have marked the seat where it landed, at least they consider it historical.
                    27 World Championships
                    22 retired numbers

Comment

• Okay. I have one
                      Hint-Home grown
                      27 World Championships
                      22 retired numbers

Comment

• Did he at one time play on a team in a city he was born in?

Comment

• Did you spend your entire career with just one MLB organization (Including the minors?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Orioles5 View Post
                            Did he at one time play on a team in a city he was born in?
                            wasn't born there
                            27 World Championships
                            22 retired numbers

Comment

Did you spend your entire career with just one MLB organization (Including the minors?)
                              no. I didn't
                              27 World Championships
                              22 retired numbers

Comment

• Did you play your last game before 1970?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X