Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.D. posters top Diamondbacks fans in Disinterest

Originally posted by davidspruill21 View Post
    There must not be many Diamondback fans b/c i haven't seen a new thread in over a month!
    Diamondbacks fans are too preoccupied with the resurgent NFL Arizona Cardinals to post about the 82-80, picture of mediocrity, Diamondbacks, besides, check out the following:

Diamondbacks fans complaining about lack of interest and activity on the Diamondbacks thread obviously have never taken a gander at the San Diego Padres thread.

The Last topic started there was on Sept. 9, 2008.

Since then: one reply to that topic and two replies to a previous topic. That's a total of three posts in two and a half months!
    Padres fans should go out and buy a big Index-finger-raised, "We're Number One" glove. - Number One in Lameness!

-philliesfiend55-

Comment

Consider this when it comes to D-Back fans. Granted it is 8-9 years ago and all, but still:

October, 1999 Todd Pratt knocks the Diamondbacks OUT of their very first postseason with a dramatic game winning homer at Shea Stadium to clinch the 1999 NLDS for the Mets.

Flash forward to August of 2000. Mets visit Arizona for the first time all year, keep in mind, the Diamondbacks have yet to win another postseason game, let alone the 2001 World Series, Todd Pratt is greeted by the same general blah of a "boo" that an opposing player would get anywhere. And this is a guy who should have been considered an All-Time Diamondback villain.
      NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
      Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
      Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

I'm a Red Sox fan, and I've been living in the Phoenix area since 1997 and have followed the Dbacks since they started playing. I root for the Dbacks as long as their not playing the Red Sox.

I guess there's just not that many Dbacks fans who are registered to BBF or they don't login very often, or maybe their shy. Who knows. But I've been posting on BBF for over 2 years and in that time there's never been a much dialogue in this Diamondback forum. At past times I've posted in this forum and sometimes didn't get a reply for weeks, it's a bummer that more Dback fans don't post here, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeginningWasTheEnd View Post
          Is it just me or is this thread 3 years old?
          Every once in a while it's sort of interesting to go back and look at the older threads for a little perspective of what was going on back then.

:twocents:

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post
            Consider this when it comes to D-Back fans. Granted it is 8-9 years ago and all, but still:

October, 1999 Todd Pratt knocks the Diamondbacks OUT of their very first postseason with a dramatic game winning homer at Shea Stadium to clinch the 1999 NLDS for the Mets.

Flash forward to August of 2000. Mets visit Arizona for the first time all year, keep in mind, the Diamondbacks have yet to win another postseason game, let alone the 2001 World Series, Todd Pratt is greeted by the same general blah of a "boo" that an opposing player would get anywhere. And this is a guy who should have been considered an All-Time Diamondback villain.
            "All-Time Diamondback villain"? In 2000? Give me a break, it was Arizona's 3rd season. "Another postseason game"? Arizona went to the playoffs in their second season. Arizona had no history, no rivalries. Do you read what you write? Laughable. Know and understand demographics. You can say Arizona fans are apathetic by pointing out attendance and television/radio ratings, not by mentioning that they didn't boo mister world beater himself, Todd Pratt in the franchise's 3rd season. Yeah, Pratt really dashed the hopes of Arizona fans. All those years of frustration. I'm going to throw up.

Comment

I am not a DBacks fan but cheer for theie AAA team the RENO ACES and follow the players that get called up to "the show"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X