Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pgsuperfan
    replied
    I am not a DBacks fan but cheer for theie AAA team the RENO ACES and follow the players that get called up to "the show"

Leave a comment:

• mrakbaseball
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post
    Consider this when it comes to D-Back fans. Granted it is 8-9 years ago and all, but still:

October, 1999 Todd Pratt knocks the Diamondbacks OUT of their very first postseason with a dramatic game winning homer at Shea Stadium to clinch the 1999 NLDS for the Mets.

Flash forward to August of 2000. Mets visit Arizona for the first time all year, keep in mind, the Diamondbacks have yet to win another postseason game, let alone the 2001 World Series, Todd Pratt is greeted by the same general blah of a "boo" that an opposing player would get anywhere. And this is a guy who should have been considered an All-Time Diamondback villain.
    "All-Time Diamondback villain"? In 2000? Give me a break, it was Arizona's 3rd season. "Another postseason game"? Arizona went to the playoffs in their second season. Arizona had no history, no rivalries. Do you read what you write? Laughable. Know and understand demographics. You can say Arizona fans are apathetic by pointing out attendance and television/radio ratings, not by mentioning that they didn't boo mister world beater himself, Todd Pratt in the franchise's 3rd season. Yeah, Pratt really dashed the hopes of Arizona fans. All those years of frustration. I'm going to throw up.

Leave a comment:

• Seattle1
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBeginningWasTheEnd View Post
    Is it just me or is this thread 3 years old?
    Every once in a while it's sort of interesting to go back and look at the older threads for a little perspective of what was going on back then.

:twocents:

Leave a comment:

• Dogdaze
    replied
    I'm a Red Sox fan, and I've been living in the Phoenix area since 1997 and have followed the Dbacks since they started playing. I root for the Dbacks as long as their not playing the Red Sox.

I guess there's just not that many Dbacks fans who are registered to BBF or they don't login very often, or maybe their shy. Who knows. But I've been posting on BBF for over 2 years and in that time there's never been a much dialogue in this Diamondback forum. At past times I've posted in this forum and sometimes didn't get a reply for weeks, it's a bummer that more Dback fans don't post here, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Leave a comment:

• SteveJRogers
    replied
    Consider this when it comes to D-Back fans. Granted it is 8-9 years ago and all, but still:

October, 1999 Todd Pratt knocks the Diamondbacks OUT of their very first postseason with a dramatic game winning homer at Shea Stadium to clinch the 1999 NLDS for the Mets.

Flash forward to August of 2000. Mets visit Arizona for the first time all year, keep in mind, the Diamondbacks have yet to win another postseason game, let alone the 2001 World Series, Todd Pratt is greeted by the same general blah of a "boo" that an opposing player would get anywhere. And this is a guy who should have been considered an All-Time Diamondback villain.

Leave a comment:

• philliesfiend55
    replied
    S.D. posters top Diamondbacks fans in Disinterest

Originally posted by davidspruill21 View Post
    There must not be many Diamondback fans b/c i haven't seen a new thread in over a month!
    Diamondbacks fans are too preoccupied with the resurgent NFL Arizona Cardinals to post about the 82-80, picture of mediocrity, Diamondbacks, besides, check out the following:

Diamondbacks fans complaining about lack of interest and activity on the Diamondbacks thread obviously have never taken a gander at the San Diego Padres thread.

The Last topic started there was on Sept. 9, 2008.

Since then: one reply to that topic and two replies to a previous topic. That's a total of three posts in two and a half months!
    Padres fans should go out and buy a big Index-finger-raised, "We're Number One" glove. - Number One in Lameness!

-philliesfiend55-

Leave a comment:

• bhss89
    replied
    This Dirtbacks thread is truly lame. As Fat Albert says, "No class." Are there any Arizona "fans" or do folks in AZ just go to games when they're given tickets or for scout troup field trips?
    Good Lord people, take some pride in your team. You think it's been easy to be a Dodgers fan since '88?
    Geez, make up a topic and post!!

Leave a comment:

• TheBeginningWasTheEnd
    replied
    Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
    Sometimes in the offseason everybody seems to drop off in activity a little bit. I wouldn't get too concerned about it.

Is it just me or is this thread 3 years old?

Leave a comment:

• Seattle1
    replied
    Originally posted by davidspruill21 View Post
    There must not be many Diamondback fans b/c i haven't seen a new thread in over a month!
    Sometimes in the offseason everybody seems to drop off in activity a little bit. I wouldn't get too concerned about it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    There have been more posts in the Seattle Pilots' forum lately...

Leave a comment:

• wilkerson_rulz-06
    replied
    This is ridiculous, why not close down the forum until ST?

Leave a comment:

• BasEbaLlKnoItAll
    replied
    I liked the Diamondbacks back when itheir expansion was announced up to about October and November of 2001.

But I remember even before they played a game buying the white alternate cap they used to wear back in their early days when I was up in Cooperstown.

Leave a comment:

• RBi
    replied
    My mother in law.. and wife are both fans of the Dbacks..

We live in Phoenix for a while... and we were there in 2001..

When I am willing to bet they had the biggest fan base....

we still have some Dback stuff in my baseball room...

So I am a supporter of the Dbacks...

But I am a cub fan.. (go figure)

Leave a comment:

• wilkerson_rulz-06
    replied
    Oh yeah?

Originally posted by G-String Blues
    Well at least we started something to talk about in the DBacks forum.
    No...
    We did?

Leave a comment:

• The Commissioner
    replied
    I am a fan of the Diamondbacks, but unfortuantely there hasn't been all that much to talk about thus far this offseason. So far all that has really transpired is that they made what will hopefuly amount to an upgrade in the rotation by acquiring Hernandez and Shawn Green unfairly received absolutely no consideration for what may have arguably been a gold Glove season in the field.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X