Micah Owings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micah Owings

Has been announced as the 5th man in the rotation.

Owings Named No.5 Starter

To summarize the article:

Owings was a long shot due to his not being on the 40 man roster, but he had a very impressive spring, plus he was 16-2 last season in AA and AAA. HIs line for spring was:

0-1, 3.50 ERA, 18 IP, 1.39 WHIP, 7.50 K/9.

That was the 3rd best ERA for anyone with at least 2 starts, behind Brandon Webb and Dennis Nippert.
    AL East Champions: 1981 1982
    AL Pennant: 1982
    NL Central Champions: 2011
    NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

I just wish that the Yankees got him instead of Russ.
    "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

Owings was injured in the 4th inning of Today's game, after driving in two runs for himself.
      AL East Champions: 1981 1982
      AL Pennant: 1982
      NL Central Champions: 2011
      NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        Has been announced as the 5th man in the rotation.

Owings Named No.5 Starter

To summarize the article:

Owings was a long shot due to his not being on the 40 man roster, but he had a very impressive spring, plus he was 16-2 last season in AA and AAA. HIs line for spring was:

0-1, 3.50 ERA, 18 IP, 1.39 WHIP, 7.50 K/9.

That was the 3rd best ERA for anyone with at least 2 starts, behind Brandon Webb and Dennis Nippert.
        I hate to correct you, because you seem pretty cool and all, but it's not Dennis Nippert. It's actually Dustin Nippert

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X