Joe Garagiola?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Garagiola?

I was flipping thru the channels last night when the voice of an old friend came across loud and clear. Joe Garagiola was the color analyist for the D'backs home broadcast. How often does this happen? I've never ran across this before. Even though it was the 3rd inning, I quickly hit the record button to catch this hall of famer's performance.

I was shocked, I mean SHOCKED, when he took sides against real baseball and argued for the DH. The play-by-play guy was against the DH. I'm still reeling from that.

Anyhoo, when can we expect to see Joe in the broadcast booth again? Is there a posted schedule somewhere? The D'Backs official site doesn't even list him as a broadaster, much less provide a schedule. Anybody know?
    =======================
    Senior Circuit. Pure baseball.

I'm for DH

I would love to hear Joe call a game again. Ranks right up there with Vince Scully. I beleive in the DH as I find the NL game to be boring. When I watch a NL game I can count 10-15 times in the game how the pitcher's spot in the batting order effects the game. Its just not his AB...but AB's before. Makes for easier outs, or easier decisions. Bring on the DH.

Below is a "Project Sheet" of Joe and his dad. All part of the "family" of baseball.

joe.gif
    Family Autograph Thread
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

Originally posted by Spazz View Post
      I was flipping thru the channels last night when the voice of an old friend came across loud and clear. Joe Garagiola was the color analyist for the D'backs home broadcast. How often does this happen? I've never ran across this before. Even though it was the 3rd inning, I quickly hit the record button to catch this hall of famer's performance.

I was shocked, I mean SHOCKED, when he took sides against real baseball and argued for the DH. The play-by-play guy was against the DH. I'm still reeling from that.

Anyhoo, when can we expect to see Joe in the broadcast booth again? Is there a posted schedule somewhere? The D'Backs official site doesn't even list him as a broadaster, much less provide a schedule. Anybody know?
      Joe Garagiola has been with the Dbacks since thier inception in 1998. His son Joe Jr. was the Dbacks first GM. He lives here in "the Valley of the sun" i.e. the Phoenix area and was more active doing color commentary in the Dbacks first few year then today, but does occassional broadcasts for select games and will be doing more this year.

A really great guy, we in Arizona are trully priviledged to get to hear him do color commentary. Here is a link about his broadcasting for the Dbacks.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/broadcasters.jsp?c_id=ari

Comment

Originally posted by Spazz View Post

Joe Garagiola does pretty much almost every game now for Saturday"s only, because Mark Grace on Saturday's is doing games for the Fox Network. Plus from what I noticed this past Saturday is that he is only going to do home games, because this past Saturday it was the Candy Man, Tom Candiotti. And believe me on this because I have scored every single game this season so I know who the announcers were in the game

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X