The Future Arrives....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future Arrives....

Justin Upton, one of baseball's top prospects and a former No. 1 draft pick, was called up Thursday by the Arizona Diamondbacks, the team announced on Thursday.

Upton, whose brother, B.J., plays in Tampa Bay, started the season in Class-A Visalia, but was quickly moved to Double-A Mobile, where he hit .310 with 13 home runs and 53 RBIs.

Upton, who turns 20 on Aug. 25, was the No. 1 pick in the 2005 first-year player draft. He hit a home run in the All-Star Futures Game in July.

He takes the place of Carlos Quentin, who suffered a hamstring injury on Wednesday.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
    Justin Upton, one of baseball's top prospects and a former No. 1 draft pick, was called up Thursday by the Arizona Diamondbacks, the team announced on Thursday.

Upton, whose brother, B.J., plays in Tampa Bay, started the season in Class-A Visalia, but was quickly moved to Double-A Mobile, where he hit .310 with 13 home runs and 53 RBIs.

Upton, who turns 20 on Aug. 25, was the No. 1 pick in the 2005 first-year player draft. He hit a home run in the All-Star Futures Game in July.

He takes the place of Carlos Quentin, who suffered a hamstring injury on Wednesday.
    I look forward to seeing how he does in the bigs. And I think he'll do very well.

Comment

If he does anywhere near as well as his brother is doing, the Diamondbacks will be in great shape!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X