Doug Davis diagnosed with thyroid cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Davis diagnosed with thyroid cancer

SP Doug Davis held a press conference after today's D-Backs-Rockies game and told the press he was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. The prognosis is good, so that is great news. As it turns out, he said his mother and sister both had the same thing and each of them had their thyroids removed. Doug will make his next 2 starts, then will have his removed on April 10th.

Best wishes Doug! Here's to a speedy recovery!!!
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

I'm hoping for the best for Doug. I was a fan of his when he was with my beloved Brewers, and I still cheer for him with Arizona.
    AL East Champions: 1981 1982
    AL Pennant: 1982
    NL Central Champions: 2011
    NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

He seems like a cool guy. He signed a few cards for us last year in Spring Training.
      WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

All the best to Doug, let's hope we see a speedy recovery.

Any word as to how long the recovery is likely to be for this procedure?
        RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Best of wishes to the crafty lefthander, Doug Davis. Get well soon.

Comment

Best wishes to Davis! It was good to see him get the win yesterday before his surgery. He will have my prayers.
            "I never thought home runs were all that exciting. I still think the triple is the most exciting thing in baseball. To me, a triple is like a guy taking the ball on his 1-yard line and running 99 yards for a touchdown." -Hank Aaron

Comment

Whilst I have already given my best wished in this thread I would like to say how happy I was to see that in his last start before his procedure he manage to get the win.

Congrats!
              Last edited by brewcrew82; 04-09-2008, 06:46 AM.
              RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3341074

According to this article, the surgery went well
                Originally posted by bhss89
                "Hi. My name is John. I'd like you to meet my fastball. Can you catch up to it?
                Didn't think so. I'll see you again tomorrow night around the top of the ninth."
                Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
                Why can't they just air the doubleheaders? Those programs aimed at children are crap anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by brewcrew82 View Post
                  Any word as to how long the recovery is likely to be for this procedure?
                  I hear he might be back pitching within 6 weeks. They are expecting a quick and full recovery. I was watching the news a few nights ago, and Doug's father was being interviewed- he said both Doug's aunt and sister had the same form of cancer and both quickly recovered.
                  WAR? Prove it!

Comment

Excellent news. I saw that he was in the dugout for a game the other night.
                    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Heard during one of the televised games a few days ago that Doug is looking well and will be throwing very soon. Don't be surprised if he makes his next start before June 1.
                      WAR? Prove it!

Comment

Davis Makes Successful Rehab Start

He pitched 4.2 Innings with AAA Tucson and gave up 2 runs. Supposedly he could have pitched longer, but it was a rehab start, so they don't want to push him. He'll have off until Saturday, when he rehab starts again, and will come back up after that.
                        AL East Champions: 1981 1982
                        AL Pennant: 1982
                        NL Central Champions: 2011
                        NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

I heard Doug Davis is starting for D-Backs Friday the 23rd
                          Not sure if it's true,I hope so. GO D-BACKS!!!!!!

Comment

He did great. Only 1 run in 7.0 IP, 5 hits, 4 K's, 2 BB's.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X