Dropping In

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping In

I am heading over to the 'States on Monday and will be spending a couple of days in Phoenix...I will be attending a game against the Astros on Sunday 30th. I am really looking forward to my first visit to Bank One. I will be wearing one of the D'Backs WS shirts, and rootin' for the home team!! Mind you if they were playing the Dodgers...........Ok I won't go there!
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Originally posted by DownUnderDodger View Post
    I am heading over to the 'States on Monday and will be spending a couple of days in Phoenix...I will be attending a game against the Astros on Sunday 30th. I am really looking forward to my first visit to Bank One. I will be wearing one of the D'Backs WS shirts, and rootin' for the home team!! Mind you if they were playing the Dodgers...........Ok I won't go there!
    The Dbacks now have an OF from Australia, Trent Oeltgen. I got to watch him play here in Reno for the Reno Aces of the PCL(AAA)

Comment

I had an enjoyable day at Chase Field on Sunday especially as the home team beat the Astros 4-3. Not a good ending though with the serious injury to Chad Qualls on the final play of the match. I hope he comes out without too much problem with the knee. I was disappointed that Trent Oeltjen was not in the lineup however I guess with Upton back it was logical that he would be back in the starting lineup at Oeltjen's expense. This was my first ball game in an enclosed stadium, and given the outside temps it was a lot more comfortable than had the roof been open.
      I did not get to taste a D'Backs hot dog, but did have a $4 beer..
      "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Originally posted by DownUnderDodger View Post
        I had an enjoyable day at Chase Field on Sunday especially as the home team beat the Astros 4-3. Not a good ending though with the serious injury to Chad Qualls on the final play of the match. I hope he comes out without too much problem with the knee. I was disappointed that Trent Oeltjen was not in the lineup however I guess with Upton back it was logical that he would be back in the starting lineup at Oeltjen's expense. This was my first ball game in an enclosed stadium, and given the outside temps it was a lot more comfortable than had the roof been open.
        I did not get to taste a D'Backs hot dog, but did have a $4 beer..
        Sorry that Trent Oeltjen had been sent back to Reno when Upton came back up

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X