Kids free this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids free this weekend!

Kids are free saturday and sunday...just need to call to order tickets...just got some for sunday

Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
    Kids are free saturday and sunday...just need to call to order tickets...just got some for sunday
    I hope the D-backs are going to screen the people buying the tickets to get these free kids...

That's awesome though! I love the real discounted games here in Round Rock, and though I never paid much attention to free entrance for kids while in Minneapolis, I know the Twins had some real good deals at the old Metrodome, too. The problem will be finding enough earplugs for the kids with all the loud and ridiculous drunks around...
    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
      I hope the D-backs are going to screen the people buying the tickets to get these free kids...

That's awesome though! I love the real discounted games here in Round Rock, and though I never paid much attention to free entrance for kids while in Minneapolis, I know the Twins had some real good deals at the old Metrodome, too. The problem will be finding enough earplugs for the kids with all the loud and ridiculous drunks around...
      You had to call the dbacks ticket office to get them...was surprised that with such a deal more people didnt show

Comment

You had to call the dbacks ticket office to get them...was surprised that with such a deal more people didnt show
        Yeah, you'd think that would be a great Father's Day gift! I was going to take my 2 year old to the Dell Diamond to watch the Rangers' AAA team play (they usually let fathers and their kids play catch on the field before games too), but my Dodgers team had a mid-day game against the Cubs down in Austin. Scorcher of a Central Texas afternoon! Near 100 (not like what I experienced out in Phoenix in '95, but NOT a dry heat either) with high humidity. My wife and son stayed home, it is a little more than a hour to the field in Austin from our house, and too hot for the little guy! I had my first 2 hit game of the season against the Cubs back in March (and first 2 hit game in an organized baseball league since 1990!), yesterday I came up to lead off the top of the 8th (down 15-3) and singled to CF. Scored, and then came back up with only 1 out and down 3 or 4 with runners on the corners and singled to LF for an RBI! Two hits in the same inning! I got the Dodgers' first hit and run in the 8th, then had our last hit and drove in our last run in the same inning! Cubs won though, but this Cardinals fan has 4 hits vs those Cubbies down here! That is significant, because I only have 7 hits so far this season!

Anyway, I love baseball on Father's Day and can't believe that more people didn't take advantage of that great deal. Did they just not market it well enough, and maybe people just didn't know? Who were they playing yesterday? Was it a rival in the division or just a bad team swinging through? Maybe that kept people away. I should call up Nolan Ryan's sons that run the Express and tell them to do the same promotion!

Comment

Yeah, you'd think that would be a great Father's Day gift! I was going to take my 2 year old to the Dell Diamond to watch the Rangers' AAA team play (they usually let fathers and their kids play catch on the field before games too), but my Dodgers team had a mid-day game against the Cubs down in Austin. Scorcher of a Central Texas afternoon! Near 100 (not like what I experienced out in Phoenix in '95, but NOT a dry heat either) with high humidity. My wife and son stayed home, it is a little more than a hour to the field in Austin from our house, and too hot for the little guy! I had my first 2 hit game of the season against the Cubs back in March (and first 2 hit game in an organized baseball league since 1990!), yesterday I came up to lead off the top of the 8th (down 15-3) and singled to CF. Scored, and then came back up with only 1 out and down 3 or 4 with runners on the corners and singled to LF for an RBI! Two hits in the same inning! I got the Dodgers' first hit and run in the 8th, then had our last hit and drove in our last run in the same inning! Cubs won though, but this Cardinals fan has 4 hits vs those Cubbies down here! That is significant, because I only have 7 hits so far this season!

Anyway, I love baseball on Father's Day and can't believe that more people didn't take advantage of that great deal. Did they just not market it well enough, and maybe people just didn't know? Who were they playing yesterday? Was it a rival in the division or just a bad team swinging through? Maybe that kept people away. I should call up Nolan Ryan's sons that run the Express and tell them to do the same promotion!
          It was during memorial day, not fathers day...dbacks I think still suffer from generations of fans supporting teams that existed prior to dbacks founding

Comment

It was during memorial day, not fathers day...dbacks I think still suffer from generations of fans supporting teams that existed prior to dbacks founding
            You are probably right. I have found quite a few fans of the Cardinals down here in Texas for a couple reasons. First, since they all tend to be older (50+ at least of those I have talked to) they grew up listening to stories told by their parents and grandparents of when they would listen to or follow in the paper the only team that was anywhere near Texas, St. Louis (Browns didn't count apparently, or maybe the move to Baltimore did 'em in here). They proudly talk about how the Cards were the team farthest west and south, and that mattered to them down here, even after the Rangers and Astros came to the Lone Star State.

With all the people migrating to the Valley of the Sun, they will also be bringing with them their fierce team loyalties too. I am a transplant down here in Texas, still loyal to my team, but I will root for the home town boys too, just not as hard. Who knows, maybe it will change in a decade or two when the kids that grew up watching the first Snakes teams play in the 90s, and win in 2001, will have kids of their own to bring up on AZ baseball, and a story of a championship against those powerhouse Yankees and Mariano Rivera and Roger Clemens in Game 7 too! That would be exciting campfire or bedtime stories for young fans to grow up on and to get them excited about being a Snakes fan!

Comment

Lol! Yeah, I would have been happy with just a bobblehead.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X