No announcement yet.

Cincinnati Reds vs. Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just benching Sosa a few games helps the bullpen.

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
    What should the Braves do about the pen?? Trade or release all of them and sign new guys?
    They could try this:

I. Put Sosa in the stands and sell hot dogs.

But seriously, he does a lot more than lose games, he pulls the team/bullpen down with him. Sit him out for a while (and eat the 2.2million 1 year contract) and let the bullpen get some morale going again.

II. Try for a trade.

I don't know or don't want to know who they could trade to get some relief talent, but it needs to happen soon. If the Braves had a sniper closer and some better relief, they could win 90+ games this year.
    1914 Boston Braves
    July 5th: 15 games back.
    October 13th: World Series Champs
    (Anything is possible)
    GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

Comment

Why do they pay $2.2 million? He had an OK season last year and it was an overrated one at that.
      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

I have no earthly idea why they pay him 2.2. He had a pretty good year last year, and the Braves thought Sosa and Reitsma would do the job in the bullpen.
        1914 Boston Braves
        (Anything is possible)
        GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Comment

I knew Reitsma wouldn't be a solid option in the pen.

Comment

The two weak points in the 'pen at the moment are McBride and Sosa. McBride is good when he is good but he is waaaaaay too inconsistant. Sosa is just pitching the way he was when...TAMPA BAY TRADED HIM!

If we could somehow lure Damaso Marte away from the Pirates, and he could be our lefty go to guy, I would be very pleased. Then if we could move Sosa, Lerew and Betemit to Minnesota for Nathan I'd be fine with that. We could call up Prado to fill Betemit's shoes, and I doubt he would play much worse than Betemit.

So maybe we could send McBride and hmmm Josh Burrus or Billy McCarthy to Pit for Marte, that'd be a good upgrade. Or move the both of them (them being Sosa and McBride) out of the bullpen and use Startup and Stockman.

Just speculating.
            Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

But honestly, I really don't blame the bullpen for that blowup. I don't think Cox should have sent Hudson out there for the ninth inning, when he didn't have his best stuff.

He should have just turned it over to Ray, and the game would have been over. But maybe Huddy went up to Coz and demanded to finish the game or something, I dunno.

Oh and by the way. That guy Valentin scares me. Seems like whenever his team needs a clutch homer, he always provides it.I remember in '04 he did the same thing off of Smoltzie.
              Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

Tough outting for Ramirez last night. Mets lost anyway, and again today so yay for that. Ol' reliable is taking the mound today, so it should be a win or a close one.
                1914 Boston Braves
                (Anything is possible)
                GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Comment

Looks like a pitching duel through the first 3 innings today. I hope John can go atleast 7-8 with plenty of run support. It'd be nice to be relaxed during the top of the 9th.
                  1914 Boston Braves
                  (Anything is possible)
                  GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Comment

Ken Ray gave up one base hit in the top of the ninth with two out. What does the next batter do? He strikes out swinging, enabling Smoltz's 4-1 gem to be counted as another win for the choppers. Tomorrow the Braves NEED to win to ensure a series win.

Comment

Great win by Smoltz, but it hurts to see him win when you think about how many he could have.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                        Great win by Smoltz, but it hurts to see him win when you think about how many he could have.
                        Sure does

By the way, isn't it 19 blown saves now? I think they were at 18 before Sosa blew the lead in the 9th on Thursday.
                        1914 Boston Braves
                        (Anything is possible)
                        GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X