Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Braves Quest For #15 Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Braves Quest For #15 Thread!!!

As unlikely as it is right now being 11 games back, if any team has a shot at pulling out this division the Braves do. The purpose of this thread is to pump momentum back into Bravesville and discuss how well the team is doing, and how we are faring in the playoff picture. Everyone this thing can be done! Let's keep the hope and get this thread going in a good way and get some more posts in this Braves forum. I welcome you to post any feelings and opinions. Let's keep hope alive for number 15.
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

I still believe the Braves can pull it off and I am so hoping that they do. It will be one of the best come backs ever.
    Boring....

Comment

I believed they could win the division in April, May, June, and now July.

I've run the numbers in another thread and I keep it updated. It's not impossible.
      1914 Boston Braves
      July 5th: 15 games back.
      October 13th: World Series Champs
      (Anything is possible)
      GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

Comment

Well, I think that the Braves have a decent chance of catching the Mets. Mainly because I think the Mets will hit a bad stretch at some point, and the Braves are playing their best baseball of the season. We need Hudson to really step it up though. He had a pretty good outing last night, but I was looking at the 1993, season when the Braves came back to beat the Giants by 1 game and Maddux and Glavine each went 12-2 after the brake. I think Smoltz will hold up his end of the deal, but Hudson needs to step up as the ace that he has been in the past. Maybe Scuerholtz will pull off another trade like the one for Mcgriff in 1993. I don't see one quite that big happening, but another arm would be great. Anyway with Chipper back in 1999 form and anchoring the lineup, offensively we are definitely capable of doing it.
        "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
        -Casey Stengel

Comment

If the Braves go 113-49, which is very likely at this point, they'll make playoffs.

Comment

Huh?

Originally posted by bluejaysfan4ever
            If the Braves go 113-49, which is very likely at this point, they'll make playoffs.
            Uh, meaning that the NL Wildcad team will be going 112-48?
            That might be true for Toronto, but not the Braves.

We're 4.5 games out of the wildcard, and Cincinnati is 4 games over .500. There's 67 games left in the season.

Not exactly an impossible situation.
            1914 Boston Braves
            July 5th: 15 games back.
            October 13th: World Series Champs
            (Anything is possible)
            GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

Comment

Originally posted by Tomahawk Dynasty
              Uh, meaning that the NL Wildcad team will be going 112-48?
              That might be true for Toronto, but not the Braves.

We're 4.5 games out of the wildcard, and Cincinnati is 4 games over .500. There's 67 games left in the season.

Not exactly an impossible situation.
              I believe he was being sarcastic due to the great way the braves are playing Tomohawk Dynasty.

Comment

Well, it looks as if we finally have a closer.

Comment

Yea, I think Wickman is going to make our bullpen alot better. Mcbride had a good night as well although aided by an excellent throuhg from Franceour. Looks like Ramirez is healthy. Hopefully we can get Chipper and Aundruw back soon. We won without them tonight, but we'll need them down the stretch. Also Chipper is second in the race for the batting title.
                  "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                  -Casey Stengel

Comment

Well, I've given up on winning a division title. Maybe we can hang close in the wild card race until we get Chipper back and then make a run for it. Somebody is going to have to step up as a reliable starter behind Smoltz if we are going to have a chance. Hudson and Ramirez both have the tools to do it; they are just inconsistent. Hopefully Chipper will get enough plate appearances to qualify for the batting title. He needs about 140 more. Since Chipper wasn't playing, I quit watching in the sixth inning today. I liked Mr. Cox calling the pitch out and then Mccann throwing out Reyes, but that's about all the enjoyment I got from today's game.
                    -Casey Stengel

Comment

Yeah we may as well delete this thread. Sad...sad... I made the loss much worse by playing the song "Meet The Mets" when the game was over.HAHA

Comment

god this series was sad...

just hopefully we can make it to the playoffs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X