X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Camp Call

Do you have that on tape? If not,you have an amazing memory! One thing I remember about watching Rick Camp pitch.He was kind of homely and looked like he knew it.He always had a sad kind of look,like he was extremely shy to be out there in front of thousands.I felt sorry for him! He was a pretty good pitcher.

Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
    Here is the exact Rick Camp home run call...

It'll be an 0-2 pitch....and he hits it TO DEEP LEFT! Peet goES BACK!!! IT"S GONE!!!!!!!! HOLY COW.... OH MY GOODNESS...I DON"T BELIEVE IT..RICK CAMP! RICK CAMP! I Don't BELIEVE IT !!! This crtifies this to be the wildest and whackiest game in baseball history!!!

I love home run calls.

Leave a comment:

• Go Bravos!!!#1
    replied
    Here is the exact Rick Camp home run call...

It'll be an 0-2 pitch....and he hits it TO DEEP LEFT! Peet goES BACK!!! IT"S GONE!!!!!!!! HOLY COW.... OH MY GOODNESS...I DON"T BELIEVE IT..RICK CAMP! RICK CAMP! I Don't BELIEVE IT !!! This certifies this to be the wildest and whackiest game in baseball history!!!

I love home run calls.
    Last edited by Go Bravos!!!#1; 04-23-2006, 09:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Who is this Brave?

Wish I had a scanner.I'd love to put my Larvell Blanks type cards up!

Leave a comment:

• Go Bravos!!!#1
    replied
    No thanks is needed JGF, I'm happy to do it.

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Camp

Thanks for explaining and the welcome AtlBravesFan. Almost like being there! I grew up in D.C. as a Senators fan but when they moved,I became an avid Braves fan in the Niekro,Carty,Evans days. They had such great offense but the pitching was thin behind Niekro. I followed them through the Blauser days,suffering all the way.When they got good,I drifted away but still watch on TBS. I'm sure they're rained out tonight.It's pouring here! These pictures brought back lots of memories.Thanks to all who contributed!

On the 4th of July 1985, the Braves payed the New York Mets. Throughout the game were rain delays and bush league plays etc. So anyway, the game is tied all the way to the 18th inning. The Mets score 2 in the top of the inning. So in the bottom half, with 2 outs and a runner at first with the Braves being out of batters, the following events happened...

Camp hits one..DEEP TO LEFT!!! GONE!!! RICK CAMP!!!! RICK CAMP!!!! RICK CAMP!!! This certifies this game to be the wildest and wackiest in history---------------------------------------- is what the announcer said.

However it was all for not. In the top of the next inning the Mets scored 6 runs. However the braves did try to claw back, and then Camp came to the plats and unfortunately struck out. The mets won the game 16-14 I believe.

Camp was an .074 hitter in his career and that blast was the only fireworks his offensive career produced. However, that was not the only fireworks that night. The Braves had promised to shoot off fireworks after the game. So at around 2:45 in the morning on July 5th (the next day) when the game ended the Braves kept their promise and shot off the fireworks. Much to the dismay of most Atlanta residence, who complained to 911.

But JGF that is The Rick Camp story , and Welcome to the Braves forum!!!

Leave a comment:

• atlbravesfan
    replied
    Nevermind, my mistake....

Why can't the whole post be deleted?
    Last edited by atlbravesfan; 04-22-2006, 04:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Go Bravos!!!#1
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnGelnarFan
    I'm just now looking at your great "Who is this?". Stan Belinda looks just like Will Clark!
    What was Rick Camp's big hit? He was a notoriously bad hitter overall.
    On the 4th of July 1985, the Braves payed the New York Mets. Throughout the game were rain delays and bush league plays etc. So anyway, the game is tied all the way to the 18th inning. The Mets score 2 in the top of the inning. So in the bottom half, with 2 outs and a runner at first with the Braves being out of batters, the following events happened...

Camp hits one..DEEP TO LEFT!!! GONE!!! RICK CAMP!!!! RICK CAMP!!!! RICK CAMP!!! This certifies this game to be the wildest and wackiest in history---------------------------------------- is what the announcer said.

However it was all for not. In the top of the next inning the Mets scored 6 runs. However the braves did try to claw back, and then Camp came to the plats and unfortunately struck out. The mets won the game 16-14 I believe.

Camp was an .074 hitter in his career and that blast was the only fireworks his offensive career produced. However, that was not the only fireworks that night. The Braves had promised to shoot off fireworks after the game. So at around 2:45 in the morning on July 5th (the next day) when the game ended the Braves kept their promise and shot off the fireworks. Much to the dismay of most Atlanta residence, who complained to 911.

But JGF that is The Rick Camp story , and Welcome to the Braves forum!!!

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Skeleton

I've got this guy on top of my monitor too. The screen says "Surfed Too Long". That's what happens here!

Originally posted by atlbravesfan
    Well.....

...we're waiting.

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Stan Belinda

I'm just now looking at your great "Who is this?". Stan Belinda looks just like Will Clark!
    What was Rick Camp's big hit? He was a notoriously bad hitter overall.

Here is a hard one.

Leave a comment:

• Go Bravos!!!#1
    replied
    Could we please refrain from a war of words and get back to baseball.

Thanks, GB

Leave a comment:

• Francoeurstein
    replied
    Or... You're 20 years older than me and haveseen more Braves play and have a better knowledge...

Leave a comment:

• atlbravesfan
    replied
    Originally posted by HankAaron86
    How do yall get those so easy???
    Some of us are true Braves fans.

Leave a comment:

• Go Bravos!!!#1
    replied
    Originally posted by runningshoes53

hmmmmmmmm.......................hard one

Leave a comment:

• Francoeurstein
    replied
    How do yall get those so easy???

Leave a comment:

• runningshoes
    replied
    Originally posted by atlbravesfan
    Didn't you guess Harry "Socks" Seibold to this pic?

Yup and I posted a new guy right under that.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X