Adam LaRoche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AznInvasion
    I still don't think he's all that good either. I bet Scott Thorman could produce huge numbers if he got regular playing time. This is the 1st year Laroche hasn't had a platoon I believe. That may be the reason his numbers are alot better along with the meds like it said above. My opinion has been changed slightly but I still think he needs to develop and not strike out as much.
    Exactly , it's even more incredible having 30 HRs battling Injuries and a Platoon situation !!!

Comment

Originally posted by AznInvasion
      I still don't think he's all that good either. I bet Scott Thorman could produce huge numbers if he got regular playing time. This is the 1st year Laroche hasn't had a platoon I believe. That may be the reason his numbers are alot better along with the meds like it said above. My opinion has been changed slightly but I still think he needs to develop and not strike out as much.
      I disagree on Thorman, I watched him a couple of times in the minors and I was never really impressed with him much. reminds me of Klesko with less plate discipline. has a lot of pop (sometimes) strikes out a lot for trying to swing for the fences and mediocre average. Thorman will be a utility player off the bench until the Braves trade him in a couple of years. If you think LaRocheneeds to mature a little more, what until you see Thorman on a more regular basis and the other teams develope a scouting report on him, he will have more K's than LaRoche.
      I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

Originally posted by jpenrod
        I disagree on Thorman, I watched him a couple of times in the minors and I was never really impressed with him much. reminds me of Klesko with less plate discipline. has a lot of pop (sometimes) strikes out a lot for trying to swing for the fences and mediocre average. Thorman will be a utility player off the bench until the Braves trade him in a couple of years. If you think LaRocheneeds to mature a little more, what until you see Thorman on a more regular basis and the other teams develope a scouting report on him, he will have more K's than LaRoche.
        Exept Klesko is much less versatile and bigger .
        LaRoche is definetly the starting 1B going into the Spring but maybe Thorman could be converted somewhere else like LF or 3B where he could be more usefull in the organisation .

Comment

Believe it or not, LaRoche hits better than Carlos Delgado.

LaRoche - .285/.354/.561 - 32 HR, 90 RBI
          Delgado - .265/.361/.548 - 39 HR, 114 RBI
          46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X