Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Believe it or not, LaRoche hits better than Carlos Delgado.

LaRoche - .285/.354/.561 - 32 HR, 90 RBI
    Delgado - .265/.361/.548 - 39 HR, 114 RBI

Leave a comment:

• TheKingofKings
    replied
    Originally posted by jpenrod
    I disagree on Thorman, I watched him a couple of times in the minors and I was never really impressed with him much. reminds me of Klesko with less plate discipline. has a lot of pop (sometimes) strikes out a lot for trying to swing for the fences and mediocre average. Thorman will be a utility player off the bench until the Braves trade him in a couple of years. If you think LaRocheneeds to mature a little more, what until you see Thorman on a more regular basis and the other teams develope a scouting report on him, he will have more K's than LaRoche.
    Exept Klesko is much less versatile and bigger .
    LaRoche is definetly the starting 1B going into the Spring but maybe Thorman could be converted somewhere else like LF or 3B where he could be more usefull in the organisation .

Leave a comment:

• jpenrod
    replied
    Originally posted by AznInvasion
    I still don't think he's all that good either. I bet Scott Thorman could produce huge numbers if he got regular playing time. This is the 1st year Laroche hasn't had a platoon I believe. That may be the reason his numbers are alot better along with the meds like it said above. My opinion has been changed slightly but I still think he needs to develop and not strike out as much.
    I disagree on Thorman, I watched him a couple of times in the minors and I was never really impressed with him much. reminds me of Klesko with less plate discipline. has a lot of pop (sometimes) strikes out a lot for trying to swing for the fences and mediocre average. Thorman will be a utility player off the bench until the Braves trade him in a couple of years. If you think LaRocheneeds to mature a little more, what until you see Thorman on a more regular basis and the other teams develope a scouting report on him, he will have more K's than LaRoche.

Leave a comment:

• TheKingofKings
    replied
    Originally posted by AznInvasion
    I still don't think he's all that good either. I bet Scott Thorman could produce huge numbers if he got regular playing time. This is the 1st year Laroche hasn't had a platoon I believe. That may be the reason his numbers are alot better along with the meds like it said above. My opinion has been changed slightly but I still think he needs to develop and not strike out as much.
    Exactly , it's even more incredible having 30 HRs battling Injuries and a Platoon situation !!!

Leave a comment:

• AznInvasion
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jpenrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarheelfan44
    he has been doing really well, but i'm still skeptical
    I am actually glad to see you say you are still skeptical. Iget tired of seeing people flip flop on their opinions on a weekly basis.

Leave a comment:

• jwkfs
    replied
    Originally posted by rockin500
    all it does is help his concentration. that OTL show was a joke, especially the panelists.

its not like hes the only player to be using anti ADD meds. Scott Eyre a pitcher for the cubs has been using meds for about 4 years now.
    Along with the two other guys named in the AJC article, Craig Biggio, and Derek Lowe. No one seems to be upset about Biggio taking ADD medication.

The guys on OTL are just a lot of hot air. They'll say anything controversial or make issues out of non-issues just to get ratings.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
    ESPN feels Laroche has made a big improvement because of his ADD medications.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...avesnotes.html
    all it does is help his concentration. that OTL show was a joke, especially the panelists.

its not like hes the only player to be using anti ADD meds. Scott Eyre a pitcher for the cubs has been using meds for about 4 years now.

Leave a comment:

• W_Marone
    replied
    Saw an interesting thing on ESPN about LaRoches ADD on sunday I beleive it was.

Bam...900 posts.

Leave a comment:

• Tarheelfan44
    replied
    he has been doing really well, but i'm still skeptical

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    ESPN feels Laroche has made a big improvement because of his ADD medications.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...avesnotes.html

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by bama50
    What a great year he is having. He will only improve I hope.
    Yes. Now if only the rest of the lineup improves with him, we'd be in business.

Leave a comment:

• bama50
    replied
    What a great year he is having. He will only improve I hope.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Hope so.

Leave a comment:

• AznInvasion
    replied
    He has grown on me. I'm starting to like him more and more which is surprising because I've been one of his biggest critics. If he can hit LHP he'll be very good for us.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X