Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia: How important is his AFL performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarrod Saltalamacchia: How important is his AFL performance?

After his poor 2006 minor league season and the rise of McCann, what do you guys think will happen to Jarrod? Will he get traded right away, or be allowed to develop? If he has a poor AFL, does this hurt the possibility of trading him? Are people overreacting? You get the point, what are your thoughts?
    Very Important
    25.00%
    Of Average Importance
    50.00%
    Stop Over-Reacting!
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Baseball Pick

Olde Time Baseball

Salty is good trade bait, no doubt. And adequate insurance if something FREAKY happens to Brian McCann.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

I think it's too early to trade him, I say the Braves let him develop until he is on the verge of becoming a big time Major League and then dangle him as trade bait.
      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

It's amazing how fast the situation has changed. At the start of the 2006 season many felt that McCann was simply keeping the seat warm for Salty, now McCann is considered one of the best in the game and Salty is simply trade bait.
        Baseball Pick

Olde Time Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by TheK
          It's amazing how fast the situation has changed. At the start of the 2006 season many felt that McCann was simply keeping the seat warm for Salty, now McCann is considered one of the best in the game and Salty is simply trade bait.
          That's only because Salty was wowing everyone with home runs. But he had poor batting average. As did McCann. But obviously, McCann was a super hitter during the season. So Salty needs time to have... seasoning. Then he can be a backup or trade bait.

Comment

Salty is still our top prospect. You don't trade him unless it's in a big deal that is really going to make the big club better. He had a down year with the bat but he came around in the latter part of the season after a really slow start. Salty didnt really get down on himself though because he was dedicated to really improving his defensive skills last year and from what I've heard he made good strides there. His offense may have suffered a little in the process, but we know this kid can hit.

The only real question is where in Atlanta would he play. It's pretty obvious now that barring an injury, Salty isn't going to be behind the plate in Atlanta any time soon. The easiest place to move him to then is first base, but LaRoche really came into his own this year and is still affordable. Could Salty play LF and make it to Atlanta in 2008 that way? That is a question I'm sure the Braves brass is asking and may try to find out this spring. It may turn out that because of a surplus of young talent the Braves have no room for Salty in Atlanta and his biggest value to the club is in what he could bring as part of a trade package. I'd see how the AFL and the offseason unfold.
            Let's go Braves!!

Comment

Leftfield is the only position the Braves have open and there are already three or four legit candidates for that spot. I can't see Laroche getting traded, so Salty may eventually be the odd man out.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                Leftfield is the only position the Braves have open and there are already three or four legit candidates for that spot. I can't see Laroche getting traded, so Salty may eventually be the odd man out.
                Bye bye Salty, then.

Comment

The move is inevitable. Where will he go??

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                    The move is inevitable. Where will he go??
                    Someone who has a good, live arm, I'd guess. Shore up the bullpen.

Comment

Seems like a bit of a waste, trading a top notch catching prospect for something in the bullpen.
                      Baseball Pick

Olde Time Baseball

Comment

What position should he play then? There's no logical position to place him at.

Comment

Originally posted by TheK
                          Seems like a bit of a waste, trading a top notch catching prospect for something in the bullpen.
                          Okay, then where does he play? Left field is the only logical place to stick him. And that's crammed as it is. There is no room for him here.

Comment

Salty trade

I predict he will be traded this winter (possibly to KC or Florida) and it will come back to bite us in the "arse" big time!!

Comment

Well, I want him to do well and I think it's semi-important. Hopefully the wrist won't give him anymore problems and he'll go back to shining.

Side note: I really don't like Todd Pratt. I think he's done as much "mentoring" to McCann as possible. It's time to let him go.
                              1914 Boston Braves
                              July 5th: 15 games back.
                              October 13th: World Series Champs
                              (Anything is possible)
                              GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X