Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Is anyone here even a tiny bit upset about Adam Wainwright succeeding with the Cardinals when he could have been doing the same things with the Braves? Because I got a nasty feeling about it.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
    Is anyone here even a tiny bit upset about Adam Wainwright succeeding with the Cardinals when he could have been doing the same things with the Braves? Because I got a nasty feeling about it.
    He could of been with the braves? I don't recall this but I'd love to hear what happened.
    4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

Originally posted by AznInvasion
      He could of been with the braves? I don't recall this but I'd love to hear what happened.
      What I basically meant was pitching with the Braves. If they had never done the Drew/Marrero-Wainwright trade in the first place.

Comment

oh yikes...wainwright would look good in our bullpen.

Comment

oh yikes...wainwright would look good in our bullpen.
          Ya, that's what I'm saying. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a rewind button in life. :P

Comment

I remember when he was being touted as our #1 pitching prospect. It hurts to see him succeeding with the Cards.
            2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
              I remember when he was being touted as our #1 pitching prospect. It hurts to see him succeeding with the Cards.
              Exactly my point.

Comment

JS has talked about this. He did not want to include Wainwright in that trade. It almost didnt happen for that reason. But the Braves needed a bat like Drew's and the Cardinals were adamant. So they threw in Marrero, another piece the Braves needed that year and JS reluctantly put Wainwright in the deal. Drew had a great year here and helped us win the division. Then he bolted for big bucks and hasnt had as good a year since. Wainwright will soon be in the Cardinals' rotation. I'd love to have him back, but that is the business of baseball. What if the Tigers had never traded little-known minor leaguer John Smoltz for Doyle Alexander down the stretch nearly 20 years ago? Their GM at the time stands by that deal to this day. It's just business. You're gonna give up players that will go on to do well sometimes, but hopefully the guy you get accomplishes what you need also.
                Let's go Braves!!

Comment

Originally posted by ATL22
                  JS has talked about this. He did not want to include Wainwright in that trade. It almost didnt happen for that reason. But the Braves needed a bat like Drew's and the Cardinals were adamant. So they threw in Marrero, another piece the Braves needed that year and JS reluctantly put Wainwright in the deal. Drew had a great year here and helped us win the division. Then he bolted for big bucks and hasnt had as good a year since. Wainwright will soon be in the Cardinals' rotation. I'd love to have him back, but that is the business of baseball. What if the Tigers had never traded little-known minor leaguer John Smoltz for Doyle Alexander down the stretch nearly 20 years ago? Their GM at the time stands by that deal to this day. It's just business. You're gonna give up players that will go on to do well sometimes, but hopefully the guy you get accomplishes what you need also.
                  Yeah, but what was stupid about the whole thing is that Drew and Marrero only stayed for one season. Wainwright, he gets five years with the Cards, at least if he's not traded.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL22
                    What if the Tigers had never traded little-known minor leaguer John Smoltz for Doyle Alexander down the stretch nearly 20 years ago? Their GM at the time stands by that deal to this day. It's just business. You're gonna give up players that will go on to do well sometimes, but hopefully the guy you get accomplishes what you need also.
                    Funny you speak of a Tigers-Braves deal, we made one last year and gave up pitching prospect Zach Miner. He turned out to be a big piece in their World Series run this year. Who knows how he'll turn out?

Comment

Please stop referring to the Smoltz deal. We all get the picture! I know it's a major trade a long time ago but we truly have heard it enough. Although it is one of the most lopsided trades in history. Right now I'd give up a division flag for wainwright lol. That's how bad we need bullpen help.

Comment

Please stop referring to the Smoltz deal. We all get the picture! I know it's a major trade a long time ago but we truly have heard it enough. Although it is one of the most lopsided trades in history. Right now I'd give up a division flag for wainwright lol. That's how bad we need bullpen help.
                        Eh, just no more Tyler Yates, Peter Moylan, and spot starters and I'll be a happy man. Phil Stockman and Blaine Boyer might help.

Comment

Wish granted, no more Smotlz deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                            Wish granted, no more Smotlz deal.
                            His wish is granted, long live Jambi.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X