Carl Crawford.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Crawford.

i've heard some rumblings that he;s on they way out of tampa bay. we'd have a sick leadoff hitter and a nice out field. and it onlycuost us and overpain hudson, johnson ior langerhaans, and maybe someone else. how would you guys like that idea?

i'm big on carl crawford, and hudson is on the downslope. this is just what i've heard and i doubt it is near realistic, but what do you think?
    Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

Originally posted by Tarheelfan44
    i've heard some rumblings that he;s on they way out of tampa bay. we'd have a sick leadoff hitter and a nice out field. and it onlycuost us and overpain hudson, johnson ior langerhaans, and maybe someone else. how would you guys like that idea?

i'm big on carl crawford, and hudson is on the downslope. this is just what i've heard and i doubt it is near realistic, but what do you think?
    That'd be just fine with me. Of course, that would also mean having both Horacio Ramirez and Kyle Davies in the rotation. Bad.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

i think both of them are qulity guys. esp. horacio, however we need to get them right upstairs, and then the rest would follow. if horacio just made some menatl adjustments, i could esaily see him winning 20 games, becuase he's a finesse lefty, with 4 solid pitches and 1-2 more than should develop. as for davies. he's young, he was rushed up, has sucess, and then failure, he'll pan out. i don't see him ending up the next pete smith. I also want to see anthony lerew brought up this year to see what he's capable of. i know he came u 2 seasons ago, but he's matured and in my opinion, capable of a lot of good things.
      Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

Comment

If the Braves are able to land Crawford it will really help the braves chances next year. he provides a much needed spark at the top of the order, he puts the game in motion, he would add another dimention to the braves. I'm all for the trade.
        Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

I think I'd rather offer Horacio instead of Hudson but I could live with Hudson leaving. If Hudson is in the deal we might have to ask for a minor league pitcher though. Lerew could make some noise next year if we don't get any good pitchers this offseason.
          4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
          http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

I just can't see Hudson in D-Ray uniform. I'm for getting Carl Crawford.
            2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Crawford is a stud. Landing him will be a coup for any team.
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

IMO if the Braves could get crawford in exchange for Hudson strait across, I't would be well worth it. There are many pitchers that are of the same caliber as Hudson, wheras there are very few lead off hitters that that are as good as Crawford.
                Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

Originally posted by Disgruntaledmarinerfan
                  IMO if the Braves could get crawford in exchange for Hudson strait across, I't would be well worth it. There are many pitchers that are of the same caliber as Hudson, wheras there are very few lead off hitters that that are as good as Crawford.
                  Yeah, but the Devil Rays wouldn't go for that. They know just as well as we do that Hudson stunk up the joint in 2006 and that it's highly unlikely he'll get back to his 2002-2003 dominance.

Comment

ya but Tampa Bay is desperate for pitching...kinda like Wickman is like a GOD for us even though he truly isn't the best closer.

Comment

Originally posted by AznInvasion
                      ya but Tampa Bay is desperate for pitching...kinda like Wickman is like a GOD for us even though he truly isn't the best closer.
                      He might as well be. He knows how to pitch. That's what you need to be a closer. He's like... Trevor Hoffman.

Comment

He's no slouch either. He definitely isn't the strikeout closer that most teams would like though. Todd Jones is pretty similar more so than Hoffman in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AznInvasion
                          He's no slouch either. He definitely isn't the strikeout closer that most teams would like though. Todd Jones is pretty similar more so than Hoffman in my opinion.
                          well, I was referring to the fact that Wickman doesn't seem to rely on the fastball a lot like Hoffman. But you're right.

Comment

tampa bay isnt picking up hudsons heavily back loaded contract... i can almost promise that..

Comment

Originally posted by CROM
                              tampa bay isnt picking up hudsons heavily back loaded contract... i can almost promise that..
                              What did I say? The only people I see Tampa Bay wanting are Ramirez and/or Davies at best; Chuck James at worst.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X