Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz-06
    I agree with Glavine's choice.

First off, he's getting more dough here probably that Schuerholz offered, he does a family you know and I don't want to get into the whole taking back enough money to feed your family, he has enough money for 9 lifetimes.

Second off, the Mets ARE the better team, the Braves are no longer the dominant NL EAST team of the 90's, and I guess he likes New York too.

I wanted to see him come back though, but if he offered Kevin Millwood when he was an FA 3 million (not sure, maybe less) (per years) for 2 years (*quoted from his book "Built to Win") and Milwood ended up signing for like 8or 10 million per year, Schuerholz doesn't overspend but it's time to pump up the money aggression since that's all that seems to interest people nowadays; did you really expect him to sign Glavine with that mentality?
    No, but I found I didn't really want him if Hudson was going to be traded. That's foolhardy. As I pointed out earlier, I'd rather have a relatively younger pitcher who has potential to bounce back from a bad season than a pitcher whom I view as a ticking time bomb. Glavine will win 10 more games and more, but who knows how much longer he'll be effective?
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

I've got a question that I'll post here instead of starting a thread. Who here still pulls for Glavine? It seems like most of the people I know haven't forgiven him for leaving Atlanta. I was surprised that he would leave after all of the fame and money he earned playing for Atlanta, but I have continued to pull for him even though he is with the Mets (except for when he pitches against the Braves of course). Anyway, I'm just curious what ya'll think about him now.
      "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
      -Casey Stengel

Comment

Originally posted by cbenson5
        I've got a question that I'll post here instead of starting a thread. Who here still pulls for Glavine? It seems like most of the people I know haven't forgiven him for leaving Atlanta. I was surprised that he would leave after all of the fame and money he earned playing for Atlanta, but I have continued to pull for him even though he is with the Mets (except for when he pitches against the Braves of course). Anyway, I'm just curious what ya'll think about him now.
        I still root for him, unless he pitches against Atlanta.
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X