Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas wish list for the Braves

My Braves Christmas List:

1) A return to full health in 2007 of all of our banged up guys (Hampton, Ramirez, Boyer, Chipper, Reitsma [maybe])

2) A return to his dominant Oakland form for Tim Hudson if he's not traded.

3) A full year of dominance like we saw in 2006 from Bob Wickman

4) A couple of veterans to help set up for Wickman

5) A young starter to groom to take over at the top of the rotation when Smoltz and Hampton are gone

6) A leadoff hitter

7) Re-sign Daryle Ward

I don't think that's too much to ask for. Like most Christmas lists, I'm sure I won't get it all but I'd be happy just to get some of it. I think at some point somehow JS is going to get at least one and probably two veteran relievers to help set up for Wickman. We know he wants to trade Giles for one of those guys, perhaps for Linebrink since San Diego still lacks a 2B and still has interest in Giles. We still have 6 starting pitchers including Smoltz, Hudson, Hampton, Ramirez, James, and Davies, so there remains the possibility that Ramirez could be traded for another reliever or in a bigger deal for a leadoff hitter. We could actually venture into free agency for non-spectacular but still valuable relievers like Russ Springer also. Not the spectacular moves we might have hoped for but we dont have huge needs either if our guys can get healthy.
    Let's go Braves!!

Xmas wish list for the Braves

In a realistic realm, what would be your wish list for the Braves? What players do you think we could possibly get? Have a good one fans.

Comment

Originally posted by 41-44-VB
      In a realistic realm, what would be your wish list for the Braves? What players do you think we could possibly get? Have a good one fans.
      After all that free agency looniness, it'll be a real looney bin. There's nothing within the realm of possibility that I can see.
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

the only guy i want now is crawford. and sadly, that's really the most realistic of expectations, becuase were not going to get him.

right now, we'll be overpaying for anything we get.
        Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarheelfan44
          the only guy i want now is crawford. and sadly, that's really the most realistic of expectations, becuase were not going to get him.

right now, we'll be overpaying for anything we get.
          So sign Daryle Ward, stand pat, and hope someone steps up. Because we can't do anything else.

What a terrible Christmas.

Comment

Don't tell me we gotta live through another year with Giles!
            4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
            http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

On my Christmas (I don't call it Xmas) wish list I want the Braves to make a signing or signings that can improve the team by 15 or 20 wins.
              2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                On my Christmas (I don't call it Xmas) wish list I want the Braves to make a signing or signings that can improve the team by 15 or 20 wins.
                Well, prepare to be disappointed on Christmas Day.

Comment

If that doesn't work out I still have the Hawks and Thrashers to look forward to!!

Comment

If that doesn't work out I still have the Hawks and Thrashers to look forward to!!
                    I think u should just say Thrashers...I mean no disrespect but the hawks are pitiful.

Comment

Originally posted by AznInvasion
                      I think u should just say Thrashers...I mean no disrespect but the hawks are pitiful.
                      We're going to have more wins than we did last year, they are currently 6-8. The talent is their for the Hawks it's just the players are young. We need one more big time player to complement Joe Johnson (the most underrated player in the NBA) and the Hawks will be in the playoffs.

Comment

We're going to have more wins than we did last year, they are currently 6-8. The talent is their for the Hawks it's just the players are young. We need one more big time player to complement Joe Johnson (the most underrated player in the NBA) and the Hawks will be in the playoffs.
                        ZaZa is good too but they still need Shelden Williams or someone to step up at PF or else u mine as well just quit now.

Comment

See, this is how bad the Braves situation is, we talk about the HAWKS.

Comment

Sad it is.

Remember the year when we were excited about the acquisition of Gary Sheffield and the drafting of a guy name Jeff Francouer? Why can't we have a year like that?
                            Last edited by Atlanta Braves Freak; 12-02-2006, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Sad it is.

Remember the year when we were excited about the acquisition of Gary Sheffield and the drafting of a guy name Jeff Francouer? Why can't we have a year like that?
                              KA-CHING! *dodges a giant $ sign and points* That's why.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X