What if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if...

i was just thininking, and i know it's in all liklihood not going to happen, but what if francoeur comes out in his junior season, and starts taking pitches and walking?

i mean, there goes every sportscenter angle on him.
    Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

His plate discipline is going to improve. I don't think he was happy with his batting average last year, and the easiest way to improve that is to be more selective at the plate. So while he'll always be aggressive and never walk a ton, as he improves and adjusts to the league he will become more selective and take more walks. That will mean he'll be on base more, which we'll need once Francoeur moves up higher in the order. It's the same process Andruw went through when he came up. While he was never as allergic to walks as Francoeur, Andruw used to chase balls out of the zone constantly and it took a long time before he finally started laying off pitches he had previously been striking out on. When he did is when he got to the scary good level he's been at the past few years. Jeff will do the same thing over time.
    Let's go Braves!!

Comment

Originally posted by ATL22
      His plate discipline is going to improve. I don't think he was happy with his batting average last year, and the easiest way to improve that is to be more selective at the plate. So while he'll always be aggressive and never walk a ton, as he improves and adjusts to the league he will become more selective and take more walks. That will mean he'll be on base more, which we'll need once Francoeur moves up higher in the order. It's the same process Andruw went through when he came up. While he was never as allergic to walks as Francoeur, Andruw used to chase balls out of the zone constantly and it took a long time before he finally started laying off pitches he had previously been striking out on. When he did is when he got to the scary good level he's been at the past few years. Jeff will do the same thing over time.
      Hopefully less time than Andruw.
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by ATL22
        I couldn't stand when Andruw did that!! He really didn't get out of the phase until his 54 homer year. If Francouer can get out of his impatient phase in 2007 it'll be a welcome change.
        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
          I couldn't stand when Andruw did that!! He really didn't get out of the phase until his 54 homer year. If Francouer can get out of his impatient phase in 2007 it'll be a welcome change.

yes indeedy
          Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X