Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Is he nessecary to the Braves now that the Braves have that hitting machine Brian McCann, possibly trade him than?
    "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan
    Is he nessecary to the Braves now that the Braves have that hitting machine Brian McCann, possibly trade him than?
    He's not necessary but I'd like to keep him unless we can get something really good. A very good OF prospect or SP prospect. Our backup Catcher spot isn't as set in stone as our starting catcher.
    4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

Originally posted by AznInvasion
      He's not necessary but I'd like to keep him unless we can get something really good. A very good OF prospect or SP prospect. Our backup Catcher spot isn't as set in stone as our starting catcher.
      McCann probably won't do as well as he did last season, but why trade him? We don't know what Salty can do, we've seen what McCann can do.
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

I want to see what Salty can do in the majors, but I still want to trade him when his value is high. Most players only see a spike in value once in their career, this could be his only spike.
        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
          I want to see what Salty can do in the majors, but I still want to trade him when his value is high. Most players only see a spike in value once in their career, this could be his only spike.
          That is true. He's probably the Braves' top prospect three years running (including for next season).

I already aruged with that dpd25 guy against trading McCann so that Salty can start.

Comment

I don't see why anybody would trade McCann after last season. You can't judge potential over cold hard facts.
            2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
              I don't see why anybody would trade McCann after last season. You can't judge potential over cold hard facts.
              McCann and trade are two words that should not be uttered in the same sentence. I don't see Salty overtaking McCann at catcher but I could see him switching positions and helping us somewhere else. I think we should keep all options open though. I'm also worried about Salty's trade value taking a hit if he struggles in the majors. It all depends on what other GM's offer.
              4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
              http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
                McCann probably won't do as well as he did last season, but why trade him? We don't know what Salty can do, we've seen what McCann can do.

I think McCann will still be a good hitter, but I don't see you can say "We've seen what McCann can do" and not be estatic. Also it looks like Aundrew will be leaving you, so you'll need a good CF with a glove on him, there's plenty of temas with good OF prospects (I can think of one in particular) with more pitching prospects, that need a catcher and Salty can be that guy. He could be very valuable.
                "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

Comment

I think McCann will still be a good hitter, but I don't see you can say "We've seen what McCann can do" and not be estatic. Also it looks like Aundrew will be leaving you, so you'll need a good CF with a glove on him, there's plenty of temas with good OF prospects (I can think of one in particular) with more pitching prospects, that need a catcher and Salty can be that guy. He could be very valuable.
                  I know that, but the Melky Cabrera thing is dead.

Comment

I know that, but the Melky Cabrera thing is dead.
                    Would you take a deal of Melky and say Joba Chamberlin or Ian Kennedy for Salty? I dunno if I would from a Braves fan's perspective, I'm not too high on trading prospects, well trading prospects for OLD guys the Marte thing was a good move. However you're losing a big piece of your team next season and Salty may be a chip that can get you something in return, you don't need a catcher by any stretch of the imagination and you can find a back up in a number of places. But Salty could possibly net you a top ten CF, I can't think of any names in particular...but he'll get you some goods.

Comment

Would you take a deal of Melky and say Joba Chamberlin or Ian Kennedy for Salty? I dunno if I would from a Braves fan's perspective, I'm not too high on trading prospects, well trading prospects for OLD guys the Marte thing was a good move. However you're losing a big piece of your team next season and Salty may be a chip that can get you something in return, you don't need a catcher by any stretch of the imagination and you can find a back up in a number of places. But Salty could possibly net you a top ten CF, I can't think of any names in particular...but he'll get you some goods.
                      Name me a team that needs a catcher and is willing to part with their top 10 centerfielder who can fit into the Braves' budget in order to get Salty. I'd LOVE to know.

And phooey on Marte. From what he has done in the majors, he's no better than Jeff Francoeur, and people complain that Francoeur isn't going to get better. Same thing could happen to Marte.

I have a question for you, who was more wrong? The Braves trading Marte for Renteria or the Red Sox trading Marte for Crisp? I mean, gosh, they had their third baseman of the future that should NEVER be traded!
                      Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 01-05-2007, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I think the Braves may do what they did with the Estrada situation and trade McCann at a later date when his value is higher/replaceable when he becomes a higher priced player (and thus outpricing himself for the Braves).

As for Marte, the Red Sox needed to trade for a centerfielder after they failed to land Damon. They may have the third baseman of their future in Youkilis (depends on where he plays) and Crisp was to be their centerfielder for the present and teh future.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapmaster
                          I think the Braves may do what they did with the Estrada situation and trade McCann at a later date when his value is higher/replaceable when he becomes a higher priced player (and thus outpricing himself for the Braves).

As for Marte, the Red Sox needed to trade for a centerfielder after they failed to land Damon. They may have the third baseman of their future in Youkilis (depends on where he plays) and Crisp was to be their centerfielder for the present and teh future.
                          I thought Youk was a first baseman.

Comment

I thought Youk was a first baseman.
                            he came up as a 3B.
                            Baseball Journeyman

Comment

No way, Salty's a much better catching prospect than McCann, well, McCann isn;t a prospect anymore but, what the hell.

I'd hang onto him.
                              Cristobal

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X