Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laroche traded for Gonzalez

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2734082

bullpen is shaping up quite nicely.. i didnt really want to get rid of laroche though..

Originally posted by CROM
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2734082

bullpen is shaping up quite nicely.. i didnt really want to get rid of laroche though..
    Hopefully there was someone else thrown in. Otherwise, we're not going to have that good of an offense next season. Thorman is no LaRoche.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

The article I read reports that he was traded for Gonzalez and "another player."

I'll reserve judgment until we find out who this other player is.
      Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

Originally posted by jwkfs
        The article I read reports that he was traded for Gonzalez and "another player."

I'll reserve judgment until we find out who this other player is.
        How much you want to bet that it's Chris Duffy?

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
          Possible, but the Pirates refused to throw him in when the trade was being discussed earlier. Maybe they caved in.
          Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

I've never much cared for Adam's lazy attitude. I don't know if he's trying to act like professionals never need to break a sweat or what, but he always looks like he's holding back some effort. This can become poison in the clubhouse so maybe it's a good thing he's being traded. One thing's for certain. The Braves 40th anniversary team didn't work and changes need to be made. They should have won the NL wildcard easily.
            =======================
            Senior Circuit. Pure baseball.

Comment

Who's gonna close for you guys? Wickman? Gonzalez? Soriano? Who!
              ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
              ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy

uhhhh. wickman???
                Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

Comment

i wish, but the pirates can;t be THAT stupid
                  Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

Comment

NO!! NO!! NO!! I've been against trading Laroche ever since these talks were brought up and if we only get Mike Gonzalez for him the Pirates definetly have a steal. This trade creates an imbalance between our offense and pitching, we traded our #2 offensive weapon (when Chipper isn't healthy) for a pitcher who is solid, but necesseraily a NEED. Now the Braves have to worry about getting Scott Thorman prepared as an everyday 1st baseman. This deal also means that Chipper Jones HAS to be healthy, if he isn't healthy this year the offense burden will fall heavily on Andruw, Frenchy, and McCann. This new and improved bullpen rivals our stellar pens of the late 90's, but our offense has taken a hit that could place this team in the bowels of the NL East.
                    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy
                      That's a pretty stupid taunt. I think Wickman is the default. If he falters, just hand the job to Gonzalez or Soriano, it's not rocket science. I guess you as a Mets fan cannot grasp that.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                        NO!! NO!! NO!! I've been against trading Laroche ever since these talks were brought up and if we only get Mike Gonzalez for him the Pirates definetly have a steal. This trade creates an imbalance between our offense and pitching, we traded our #2 offensive weapon (when Chipper isn't healthy) for a pitcher who is solid, but necesseraily a NEED. Now the Braves have to worry about getting Scott Thorman prepared as an everyday 1st baseman. This deal also means that Chipper Jones HAS to be healthy, if he isn't healthy this year the offense burden will fall heavily on Andruw, Frenchy, and McCann. This new and improved bullpen rivals our stellar pens of the late 90's, but our offense has taken a hit that could place this team in the bowels of the NL East.
                        Pretty much. Thorman has to perform above and beyond the call of a replacement-level player. And I'm convinced he cannot do that.

Comment

I don't doubt his talents, but I'd rather he be eased into the job instead of forced into action. It's going to be pretty tough on him, but I can expect a .275/15/60 year out of him.
                          2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                            I don't doubt his talents, but I'd rather he be eased into the job instead of forced into action. It's going to be pretty tough on him, but I can expect a .275/15/60 year out of him.
                            This may make you feel better:

ATL gets:
                            P Mike Gonzalez
                            SS Brent Lillibridge (Pirates' #3 prospect according to BA)

PIT gets:
                            1B Adam LaRoche
                            OF Jamie Romak (16 HR, 68 RBI, .840 OPS at Rome in 2006)

http://zwire.townnews.biz/site/news....569&rfi=6&nc=1

No Chris Duffy!

Comment

That's a pretty stupid taunt. I think Wickman is the default. If he falters, just hand the job to Gonzalez or Soriano, it's not rocket science. I guess you as a Mets fan cannot grasp that.
                              It wasn't a taunt. I have Wickman in a fantasy league, and most closers are kept, so I was wondering if he has the job. There's no reason to personally attack me...I don't even understand your insult -- I'm a Mets fan thus I'm stupid?
                              ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
                              ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X