Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laroche traded for Gonzalez

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I'm looking forward to the season too!! Any Braves fans attending the Fanfest on February 3rd?
    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

    Comment


    • #47
      This is going to work out to be a great deal for Atlanta. Gonzalez will work with Soriano to be a great tandem in the 8th and 9th for years to come. Wickman just adds to it. I've always wondered about LaRoche, his attitude and his inability to hit lefties. It's a loss in power but one we can handle given a much better pen.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by canadianbrave
        This is going to work out to be a great deal for Atlanta. Gonzalez will work with Soriano to be a great tandem in the 8th and 9th for years to come. Wickman just adds to it. I've always wondered about LaRoche, his attitude and his inability to hit lefties. It's a loss in power but one we can handle given a much better pen.
        Have I completely missed something on Laroche? everyone talks about his bad attitude and I guess I just never saw that.
        Baseball Journeyman

        Comment


        • #49
          The part I like most about this trade is that we have a bridge to Wickman now. Where as before it was a rocky road to Wickman which meant that we didn't see Wickman nearly enough as we should of. We only need 6 Innings from our starters now....soriano in 7th, gonzo in 8th, wickman in 9th. We can switch gonzo and sori if we want also. We just need the starters to hand over a decent lead and the bullpen will lock it down now hopefully.
          4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

          Creator of the Guess The Player Game
          http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by AznInvasion
            The part I like most about this trade is that we have a bridge to Wickman now. Where as before it was a rocky road to Wickman which meant that we didn't see Wickman nearly enough as we should of. We only need 6 Innings from our starters now....soriano in 7th, gonzo in 8th, wickman in 9th. We can switch gonzo and sori if we want also. We just need the starters to hand over a decent lead and the bullpen will lock it down now hopefully.
            Agree. Now there's two roads we can travel down to get to Wickman. I like the righty/lefty combo Cox can use. It was so frustrating last year giving up leads and losing games and sweating it out trying to hold on to a one run lead. Starters should have had better "win" numbers. We might be giving up some offense w/o LaRoche, but with Gonzales added we might be preventing some runs from scoring. Hopefully with the platoon at 1B, there will be some good production numbers on the offensive and defensive side as well.

            On the selfish side, I will miss Adam being in Atlanta. My wife works with his aunt, and he would send us some free stuff and the scope on whats going on.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by AznInvasion
              The part I like most about this trade is that we have a bridge to Wickman now. Where as before it was a rocky road to Wickman which meant that we didn't see Wickman nearly enough as we should of. We only need 6 Innings from our starters now....soriano in 7th, gonzo in 8th, wickman in 9th. We can switch gonzo and sori if we want also. We just need the starters to hand over a decent lead and the bullpen will lock it down now hopefully.

              Another benefit is that if we need to close out several day in a row, we can give Wickman a day off and use Soriano and/or Gonzalez as the closer occasionally. Don't want to wear out Wickman.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by AznInvasion
                I love the Criag Wilson signing...JS is a smart man. I also said that the only way we could trade Laroche is if we signed a FA 1b or got one in return. So I do take credit for that hehe. I'm looking forward to the season as well! Let's play ball!!!!
                the only thing i didnt like about craig wilson when he was in pittsburgh was that he strikes out way too much. He's got some nice power and hes versitile between RF, 1B and catcher. I hope he does well for you....but not when he plays pittsburgh of course haha.
                "Just a reminder fans about "Die Hard Night" coming up at the stadium: free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Pirates won a pennant"

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Bucco Fanatic
                  the only thing i didnt like about craig wilson when he was in pittsburgh was that he strikes out way too much. He's got some nice power and hes versitile between RF, 1B and catcher. I hope he does well for you....but not when he plays pittsburgh of course haha.
                  I wanted to know what weaknesses he had. Thanks, Bucco Fanatic. What do you think is Wilson's strongest position?
                  2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Bucco Fanatic
                    the only thing i didnt like about craig wilson when he was in pittsburgh was that he strikes out way too much. He's got some nice power and hes versitile between RF, 1B and catcher. I hope he does well for you....but not when he plays pittsburgh of course haha.
                    I don't care much if people strike out anymore. The only time strikeouts REALLY hurt is if they end innings. Strike out with someone on first base with less than two out, it does keep the inning going.
                    46 wins to match last year's total

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                      I wanted to know what weaknesses he had. Thanks, Bucco Fanatic. What do you think is Wilson's strongest position?
                      Definitely right field because its his natural position. When the pirates signed Jeromy Burnitz they started platooning him. Then if he was lucky, he would play 1B when Sean Casey had a day off. He was misused by the pirates for too long.
                      "Just a reminder fans about "Die Hard Night" coming up at the stadium: free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Pirates won a pennant"

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X