Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Francoeur: Are the Braves better off without him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
    I KNOW he hit 29 home runs. That's good that he can drive pitches like that. But all 103 RBIs are good for is fantasy leagues. The reason he had that many is beacause he had 71 opportunities to get them over the season. With as many people getting on base as they did, like Renteria and the Jones boys and McCann, of course Frenchy's probably going to have more than 100 RBIs. Runs batted in are almost completely circumstantial.

Here is the chart of the top 10 players in outs made in the NL:

Outs
    Juan Pierre (CHC) - 532
    Jimmy Rollins (PHI) - 521
    Jeff Francoeur (ATL) - 507
    Alfonso Soriano (WSN) - 493
    Rafael Furcal (LAD) - 486
    Felipe Lopez (CIN/WAS) - 484
    Pedro Feliz (SFG) - 482
    Jose Reyes (NYM) - 478
    Hanley Ramirez (FLA) - 477
    Chase Utley (PHI) - 472

7 of these 10 hitters are leadoff hitters. Utley hits second. Lopez hit first and second. Feliz hit eighth. Francoeur hit fifth and sixth. This is why Francoeur's 2006 season is bad.

he also played 162 games.
    Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJourneyman
      I guess I get too defensive at times (I am a homer and know it). But I see too many people on here (and not just in the Braves section) putting down a player based on 1 aspect of his game. Sure some aspects are more important than others but I think sometimes 1 thing gets blown out of proportion and pepole don't look at the whole package sometimes. Yeah I am not saying his year was great but I am willing to find out if he can be great while he patrols RF for us.

good point.

take a guy like langerhaans or diaz or some busch leaguer like that, they don;t have nearly the total package that francoeur offeres.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarheelfan44
        good point.

take a guy like langerhaans or diaz or some busch leaguer like that, they don;t have nearly the total package that francoeur offeres.
        No doubt about, Francouer is quite valuable to this team, but his incosistencies at the plate have hurt the Braves more than any other aspect of his game. I don't necessarily put him down because of his one weakness. He is one of the best young players in the game today, he outplayed most of the other "young up and comers". (see Hernandez, Felix)
        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

alos true. yeah, that part of his game sucked big time. but he;a a 22 year old. playing every game of a 162 game season for the first time in his life. i think his that had a helluva lot to do with his potential not being reached.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarheelfan44
            alos true. yeah, that part of his game sucked big time. but he;a a 22 year old. playing every game of a 162 game season for the first time in his life. i think his that had a helluva lot to do with his potential not being reached.
            That I can agree with. He needs a day off once in a while.
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

i've heard to expect a

.260-33-102-4
              with the rest and development, i predict

.280-35-102-10

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X