Kelly Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Johnson

With the second base job all but belonging to Kelly Johnson, barring anything extreme happening in Spring Training, how well do you see him fitting the role of second basemen/leadoff hitter. I personally love how the kid plays after seeing him in left field in 2005. I think he can be a great leadoff hitter because he has great patience at the plate. I think we can expect to see around .270/15 Hr's/60-65 rbis from Kelly this year. While I don't think his defense will be amazing this year and possibly the next couple, I think if they stick with this he can turn out to be above average because he has the athleticism. What do you guys think?
    Instant All-Star
    7.14%
    Average
    78.57%
    Bust
    14.29%
    Check out my Brave's Blog
    http://ericsbravesblog.wordpress.com/

To be honest, no idea. I liked his plate discipline last we saw of him, but I don't think we saw enough of him to be sure. I'm lumping him and Thorman in the "wait and see" pile.
    Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

Yeah he is going to be interesting to watch. They will want his bat in the lineup somewhere I think but his glove has to improve.
      Baseball Journeyman

Comment

He was an infielder before going to the outfield. I don't think you can forget how to play the infield. Besides, if Glenn Hubbard can teach Marcus Giles to play better at second, he can do the same with Johnson.

I like this experiment. It will be interesting to watch.
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
          He was an infielder before going to the outfield. I don't think you can forget how to play the infield. Besides, if Glenn Hubbard can teach Marcus Giles to play better at second, he can do the same with Johnson.

someone read Scout's Honor
          Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

Comment

Have you seen his fielding % numbers from the minors? I kinda hope he forgets how to play the IF and Hubbard starts from scratch,
            Baseball Journeyman

Comment

Originally posted by Tarheelfan44
              ... actually, yes I did. I just turned it back in to the library today.

Start from scratch? Hell, why not. If Kelly Johnson is as good as Bad Giles, isn't that okay?

Comment

KJ Experiment

I looked him up again. Mainly on pg. 23-24. He's been moved around like checkers. Very versatile and athletic. He makes a good utility player. Maybe he'll find his spot at 2B.

Comment

I think he'll be average at 2nd base, he'll eventually be an All-Star because Glenn Hubbard knows what it takes to make an All-Star 2nd sacker.
                  2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                    I think he'll be average at 2nd base, he'll eventually be an All-Star because Glenn Hubbard knows what it takes to make an All-Star 2nd sacker.
                    Average is just fine with me. I just don't want to have to put up with all the "AARRRGGGG INFIELD DEFENSE IS MAKING THE BRAVES LOOOOOOOSSSEEEEEE" crap.

Comment

Average is just fine with me. I just don't want to have to put up with all the "AARRRGGGG INFIELD DEFENSE IS MAKING THE BRAVES LOOOOOOOSSSEEEEEE" crap.

i know. that the second most frustrating thing behind having a bullpeb blow games for you... at least we've never had to deal with that...Oh wait
                      Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

Comment

i know. that the second most frustrating thing behind having a bullpeb blow games for you... at least we've never had to deal with that...Oh wait
                        I just do not see the point about tearing your hair out over that if there is no concrete proof besides Tim Hudson's ERA skyrocketing and Renteria being at short that the Braves are going to lose a lot of games because they can't get to ground balls.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X