• Liberty Media Corp buys da Bravos!

Link

Oh boy oh boy oh BOY!
    1914 Boston Braves
    July 5th: 15 games back.
    October 13th: World Series Champs
    (Anything is possible)
    GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

Anyone know more about this group?
    Baseball Journeyman

Comment

yesssssssss. hopefully they raise payroll
      Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarheelfan44
        yesssssssss. hopefully they raise payroll
        I heard that they are cheapskates. So good luck to the Braves with the raise in payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by DravenX
          I heard that they are cheapskates. So good luck to the Braves with the raise in payroll.
          I don't care if they do or not, but I saw this on Rotoworld:

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Liberty Media has reached an agreement with Time Warner to buy the Braves.

Negotiations have been ongoing for more than a year now, and it was clear that a deal was close. Liberty Media's chairman is John Malone, who has before never owned a professional sports team. There's reason to hope that he'll up the budget from where Time Warner's been lately, though it seems doubtful that Atlanta will reemerge as the NL's top spender anytime soon. If Malone wants to make a strong first impression, he could make a big bid to extend free-agent-to-be Andruw Jones.
          46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

if he did that, people would love him right away.

polly not gonna happen though
            Stay Away From Downed Power Lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarheelfan44
              if he did that, people would love him right away.

polly not gonna happen though
              We'll see how this works out. If he does offer Andruw, we'll know the guy is about winning.
              2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
                We'll see how this works out. If he does offer Andruw, we'll know the guy is about winning.
                Would you say the same thing if Andruw breaks down with injuries? Because for some reason, I feel like that's going to happen. Andruw beats himself up diving for balls and he's not looking very fit these days. I don't want him to be like Chipper, with us praying that he stays healthy enough to have 500 PAs.
                Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 02-13-2007, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
                  Would you say the same thing if Andruw breaks down with injuries? Because for some reason, I feel like that's going to happen. Andruw beats himself up diving for balls and he's not looking very fit these days. I don't want him to be like Chipper, with us praying that he stays healthy enough to have 500 PAs.
                  No!! If Andruw isn't healthy enough to warrant a $100 million contract, we shouldn't give it to him. If Andruw puts up numbers like he has the past 2 years, let's get the check ready.

Comment

No!! If Andruw isn't healthy enough to warrant a $100 million contract, we shouldn't give it to him. If Andruw puts up numbers like he has the past 2 years, let's get the check ready.
                    What I'm worried about is a long-term contract. I think that it's highly likely that Andruw will suffer a serious injury somewhere down the line if he continues what he's doing right now. He's starting to look like Tony Gwynn did late in his career. I affectionately called him "bubble butt" then.

Comment

But, we have to remember Andruw and Tony Gwynn are two different players with two different body types. Andruw was a speedster with some power early in his career, but now he is a power hitter (the increase in size) with great defense. Tony Gwynn was similar in his early career, but he was a slap hitter, he never hit more than 17 HR in a season. I really didn't think of injury problems until you brought this up, but now I'm second guessing an offer to AJ.

Comment

But, we have to remember Andruw and Tony Gwynn are two different players with two different body types. Andruw was a speedster with some power early in his career, but now he is a power hitter (the increase in size) with great defense. Tony Gwynn was similar in his early career, but he was a slap hitter, he never hit more than 17 HR in a season. I really didn't think of injury problems until you brought this up, but now I'm second guessing an offer to AJ.
                        I never said they're the same hitter. I'm just wondering if Andruw's body can take anymore punishment because he has put on weight. We can't deny that.

Comment

He's held up pretty well recently playing at around 220+ lbs(I don't think his listed 210 is true). I hope he'll be healthy this year and the rest of the time he's with the team.

Comment

He's held up pretty well recently playing at around 220+ lbs(I don't think his listed 210 is true). I hope he'll be healthy this year and the rest of the time he's with the team.
                            Same here. Like I once wrote on my Braves blog, I'll accept whatever happens. I have to.

Comment

A Strike against John Malone

Where's the fun in the sale of the Braves?

At least according to this tax lawyer and Braves fan, Malone worships at the altar of the bottom line. Bye bye Andruw.

The doofus thinks that losing Marcus Giles was bad, though. Strike one for him, too.
                              Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 02-15-2007, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X