• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braves Invite Remlinger To Camp

What do y'all think?
    LINK
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

I liked Remlinger the last time he was a Brave, he'd be a good vet reliefer for the bullpen to help the younger guys out, I hope he's still got the goods to make the team.

Comment

I think Mike is still good enough to make an impact with this team. I already know he'll make the team and become our primary set-up man.
      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

I don't know; I liked Remlinger too, but he's getting up there in age and I'm not sure his arm is what it used to be, especially after the problems he had last season.
        Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

I hope he makes the team and does well, but if he is less than average he'll probably be cut. But, I think a return to Atlanta is just what he needed to make a last run for his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
            I think Mike is still good enough to make an impact with this team. I already know he'll make the team and become our primary set-up man.
            I would be very scared if I was saying that about my own team right now. Based on what I saw him do last season, he can no longer get any batter out - lefty or righty. He's a good guy and he had a good career, but it's probably time for him to hang up the spikes... he's no Julio Franco.
            A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

True, he's no Julio, but I think he can make a comeback. I really hope so. If he doesn't pan out I'll look quite silly.

Comment

At this point I'm not sure whether or not Remlinger can make the team, part of that depends on how well or badly some of the other reliefers do in spring training. I'd like to see the guy show up and have a good year, but either way I'm glad the Braves offered him a chance to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
                  What do y'all think?
                  LINK

Isn't this a reunion?
                  "I believe in the soul ... the small of a woman's back, the hanging curveball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter."

Comment

His shoulder hadn't fully recovered from surgery in 2004 but now he claims he's healthy and the Braves were satisfied enough that they were willing to give him an invite. I think if he is anywhere close to the Remlinger that was here before then he'll be a great asset. I just hope his past history with the Braves and Bobby's loyalty to his vets doesn't mean Mike gets a spot that a younger guy deserves. I'd say he really has to prove himself this spring.

The bullpen race should be a heckuva battle with Reitsma, Boyer, McBride, Foster, Devine, Remlinger, Villarreal, Cormier, Bennett, Obermueller, Lerew, James, Davies, Baker, Barry and even some others trying to make the 'pen.
                    Last edited by ATL22; 01-27-2006, 08:56 AM.
                    Let's go Braves!!

Comment

It'll be an interesting spring!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X