Braves hit .500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braves hit .500

Hard to believe the Braves got swept by Detroit..and two shutouts, as well..clearly the hitting is at the moment, in limbo...I've seen the Tigers
    go thru a similar stage..not to say, it couldn't happen to them-later on this
    season...Still, despite being .500, it's still better than say 7-8-9-10 games
    under .500....so only a couple of series, with winning records, and the Braves
    are back in the thick of things...on the flip, the Mets are struggling as well
    so the whole division, is up for grabs...

do you see any other trades brewing ?

I think we might see a deal, but I hope they don't make a move right now to compensate for the little slump we are in. I would love to see Saltalamacchia and Escobar stay.
    "Hey Woodward!!! Yeah... could you go grab McCann so i can get his autograph?..."

Comment

I hear we have a shot at Mark Buehrle. Possibly for Brandon Jones and Brent Lillibridge. Those are 2 really good players we'd have to give up but we are pretty desperate for a 3rd starter. Although Brandon Jones seemed to be a natural fit to replace Andruw in CF or to play LF for the braves in 2008. The white sox could also ask for Salty instead but I hope that doesn't happen. It's still only a rumor though. We'll have to wait and see.
      Last edited by AznInvasion; 06-24-2007, 11:12 PM.
      4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
      http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

I hope the braves dont give up Salty for someone like Buehrle. A switch hitting young catcher is a gold mine on the trade market and if JS is gonna move Salty, he will get a lot for him.
        Money Hub Online

Comment

They won't give up Salty for Buehrle which will most likely be a 2 - 3 month rental. It would take someone that is a top talent that will be under contract for at least the next 2 - 3 years for Salty.

I read the rumor about Buehrle and the proposed trade was a package of Brandon Jones and someone or Brent Lillibridge and someone for him. I hope they don't trade Brandon Jones as Frenchy, Jones and Heyward are the future in the outfield in my opinion.

I think the Braves would give up Salty for someone like Ian Snell, Bronson Arroyo, Aaron Harang, or Daniel Cabrera of course none of those would most likely be straight up trades but would have to include someone like Matt Harrison and perhaps someone else.

About this hitting slump teams will hit in waves and right now there is no reason to go out and make a crazy move just to try and help an offense that is in a slump and by slump I mean they are on the bottom of the ocean kind of slump.
          Extend Prado!!!

Comment

I told Dad's friend Chris he could hear me scream from South Carolina if Saltalamacchia was traded for Buerhle. I would support a Lillibridge and Jones for Buerhle. I think they both have glass ceilings in the Braves system (Johnson and possibly Willie Harris).
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

I think Jones could be a nice player for the Braves and might develop into a very nice player not a hall of famer but a David Justice type. I don't think the Braves would trade Lillibridge and Jones in the same package and I doubt the White Sox would take that I think it would take one of them and Matt Harrison or Jo Jo to get Buehrle.
              Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X