Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, thats It - Get Wickman Out!

I've had enough

Gotta get Wickman outta the closer role!

this is bulls**t!
    Last edited by Atlanta Braves Freak; 07-01-2007, 02:42 PM.
    My Blog
    Adventures of a Las Vegas Local
    http://www.AdamVanWildest.com

Yeah, that really sucks. And we lose the game.
    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Calm Down! It is not something to overreact to. He almost blew it last night and he did blow it today but has not been nearly as bad as Kolb or Reitsma was last year. A blown save like this can make people overreact. Just calm down.
      Extend Prado!!!

Comment

I'll take your advice. But, after winning 5 straight, I hate to see them lose a game like this.
        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

These games are going to happen it is more important about how the team reacts to a loss like this then the actual loss.
          Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
            These games are going to happen it is more important about how the team reacts to a loss like this then the actual loss.
            The last time this happened, we won our next four series.
            1914 Boston Braves
            July 5th: 15 games back.
            October 13th: World Series Champs
            (Anything is possible)
            GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

Comment

i have watched as he has been ineffective all year

nothing ever seems to go smoothly with him anymore

over reacting? i think we are all past that, its time he moves to a less pressured role, set up guy, anything

i just can't stand watching him come in for a save situation anymore
              My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by adamsowell View Post
                i have watched as he has been ineffective all year

nothing ever seems to go smoothly with him anymore

over reacting? i think we are all past that, its time he moves to a less pressured role, set up guy, anything

i just can't stand watching him come in for a save situation anymore
                Well, I think you're going to have to live with it. Wickman's fine if he doesn't face Florida, notice that? Besides which, he stinks on the road.
                46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

I don't know where you get that he hasn't gone smoothly. Yes, he has had outings where he lets a hit or two or people get on but that is the kind of pitcher he is. He isn't a Billy Wagner type he isn't coming in and blowing people away and if you expected him to be that type then you were setting yourself up for dissapointment.

He has four blown saves two came when he was injured. Another was just a blown save against the Twins. The night before I don't think he should have been in the game as it wasn't a save situation and today I don't think he should of been brought in since he worked a pretty long inning. Today I felt like he was going to blow the save because Florida seems to own him and I wasn't sure if his arm was good.

Also I don't think he could be a setup man since he has been a closer for most of his career. Just like Mike Gonzalez said he had problems with not being a closer and getting in the same kind of mindset. Just because you or I think it is easy to convert from one role to another doesn't make it true. Now do I know for a fact he would fail in that role of course not but from what other closers who went to setup roles say it is not a sure thing that he will be able to.
                  Extend Prado!!!

Comment

I watched the game until right after Escobar's 2RBI single. TBS showed an image of Bob warming up in the bullpen about that time. I kinda shook my head in disbelief that he was coming in after last night. Oh, well...
                    The 5th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club:
                    WITH:
                    PureBaseballFan
                    Atlanta Braves Freak
                    SamtheBravesFan
                    AznInvasion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oaklandman666 View Post
                      I watched the game until right after Escobar's 2RBI single. TBS showed an image of Bob warming up in the bullpen about that time. I kinda shook my head in disbelief that he was coming in after last night. Oh, well...
                      It's just one of those things. You think he doesn't know what's going on? I think Wickman will be fine. If anything else, I think that if Soriano had had those bad outings of his in the closer's role, people would be calling for HIS head.

Comment

It was a year and one day ago when Bob Wickman came in a non-save situation for the Indians at Great American Ballpark. Then this happened.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/media...e=v_free&_mp=1
                        Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

Originally posted by nascarfn5 View Post
                          It was a year and one day ago when Bob Wickman came in a non-save situation for the Indians at Great American Ballpark. Then this happened.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/media...e=v_free&_mp=1
                          Walk off Grand Slam
                          Ouch!
                          My Blog

Comment

Maybe when Lidge is heathly we make a swap!
                            My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by adamsowell View Post
                              Maybe when Lidge is heathly we make a swap!
                              ... you're joking, right?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X