Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, thats It - Get Wickman Out!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Ok he gave up a homer second pitch in a save situation, but then retired the side to keep us in the game, unfortunate, but what was more unfortunate was losing the game on an unearned run due to an error. Don't forget that we wouldn't even have been in that position if it wasn't for wild pitches from Florida.
    turn on, tune in, chill out.........

    Comment


    • #17
      We should just let Moylan or Soriano close. They have been our most consistent relievers.
      4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

      Creator of the Guess The Player Game
      http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

      Comment


      • #18
        I am a Moylan fan and even I don't think he could handle the closer role.

        Originally posted by adamsowell View Post
        Maybe when Lidge is heathly we make a swap!
        So you want Lidge who lost his closer role and hasn't been the same since blowing it against Pujols. He is having a decent season but not as a closer and he has blown 3 saves.

        If the Braves were going to get a closer option it would most likely be someone like Akinori Otsuka. I will say that most of you guys are overreacting and rushing to judgement far to quickly like I did with Buddy who has pitched well in most of his starts.
        Extend Prado!!!

        Comment


        • #19
          Yeah I agree. Making a move now would be a horrible decision. Just like the braves went into a hitting slump for a period of week's, the same thing can happen to pitchers. Yes we came back late, and yes it hurt, but we still won 5 of 6.
          "Hey Woodward!!! Yeah... could you go grab McCann so i can get his autograph?..."

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Ridingfastball View Post
            Yeah I agree. Making a move now would be a horrible decision. Just like the braves went into a hitting slump for a period of week's, the same thing can happen to pitchers. Yes we came back late, and yes it hurt, but we still won 5 of 6.
            Being reactionary doesn't work. It kills teams for years.

            Let me remind you naysayers of this once again. I don't claim to understand the impact personally, but I understand the consequences.

            The Braves needed a pitcher in 1983 because they lost Rick Honeycutt to the Dodgers.

            Braves get:

            P Len Barker

            Indians get:

            OF Brett Butler
            3B Brook Jacoby
            P Rick Behenna

            The Braves went through an outfield shuffle the next few years and when Bob Horner had all the injuries, they could have easily used Jacoby. And what did they get? A few games of an injured and bad pitcher. Do we want to make this same mistake again to get ANY kind of starter?
            46 wins to match last year's total

            Comment


            • #21
              Wickman almost blew it again

              non save situation tonight, last game before the allstar break

              wickman almost blew it again, gave up 5 hits in 1 inning.....

              good thing we had a 4 run lead...

              there isn't much we can do about it... but i'm still mildy annoyed by the fans out there that are saying we are overracting about wickman

              1.63 WHIP & 4.80 ERA this season.... he can be very hittable

              i just wish he was more consistent day in day out...
              My Blog
              Adventures of a Las Vegas Local
              http://www.AdamVanWildest.com

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by adamsowell View Post
                non save situation tonight, last game before the allstar break

                wickman almost blew it again, gave up 5 hits in 1 inning.....

                good thing we had a 4 run lead...

                there isn't much we can do about it... but i'm still mildy annoyed by the fans out there that are saying we are overracting about wickman

                1.63 WHIP & 4.80 ERA this season.... he can be very hittable

                i just wish he was more consistent day in day out...
                Apparently, he was leaving all those pitches up in the zone and they wre slapping them for singles. And they were playing in San Diego. Wickman stinks ON THE ROAD.

                Good thing Marcus Giles was there to screw things up for the Padres, eh?
                46 wins to match last year's total

                Comment


                • #23
                  Yes, Marcus Giles is still one of our favorite players for being reliably bad. He's still a brave at heart, taking that third strike on the outside edge.
                  4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

                  Creator of the Guess The Player Game
                  http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I didn't think he should have been in the game as I thought Moylan should have gotten another inning then Ledezma and Soriano only because it wasn't a save situation. I think the one thing that Bobby shouldn't do is bring Wickman in a situation where it isn't a save as he doesn't seem to pitch well.
                    Extend Prado!!!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by AznInvasion View Post
                      Yes, Marcus Giles is still one of our favorite players for being reliably bad. He's still a brave at heart, taking that third strike on the outside edge.
                      i've always liked Mark Lemke from back in the day.... Marcus Giles used to reminded me of a buffer Lemke
                      My Blog
                      Adventures of a Las Vegas Local
                      http://www.AdamVanWildest.com

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Ha ha. I was watching the game on Sunday Night Baseball and I saw the portly gentleman Wicky come in to the game and almost blow a non save opertunity yikes.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Chiefs 4 Life View Post
                          Ha ha. I was watching the game on Sunday Night Baseball and I saw the portly gentleman Wicky come in to the game and almost blow a non save opertunity yikes.
                          Yeah, he's not doing so hot right now, but I still contend that he's bad on the road.
                          46 wins to match last year's total

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X