Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salty Trade?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Salty Trade?

    Yankee fan here....

    I would love for Cashman to try and pry Salty away from you folks.
    Just wondering what you think it would take?

    Keep in mind any mention of anyone named Hughes, Tabata, or Joba may produce snickers.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

  • #2
    Then you, my friend, are seriously out of luck. If the Yankees aren't willing to give their best to us, why should we even listen? Saltalamacchia is the best thing the Braves have going for them in terms of prospects. Besides, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, if Jarrod Saltalamacchia gets traded to the Yankees, I will renounce my Braves fandom and call for the firing of John Schuerholz. I mean that.
    Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 07-13-2007, 12:45 PM.
    46 wins to match last year's total

    Comment


    • #3
      Have to agree with Sam. You say you'll snicker but you want our best prospect without parting with one or yours?
      Baseball Journeyman

      Comment


      • #4
        In recent years the only trades/deals Cashman has been able to pull off is where his trading partner (i.e. victim) is trying to unload someone expensive. Tough to browbeat someone about taking a player making the major league minimum.
        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
          In recent years the only trades/deals Cashman has been able to pull off is where his trading partner (i.e. victim) is trying to unload someone expensive. Tough to browbeat someone about taking a player making the major league minimum.
          Wait, who are you aiming this at?
          46 wins to match last year's total

          Comment


          • #6
            Salty will not go anywhere unless they get Hughes and Melky nothing else would really make any sense. If the Yankees don't want to give up Hughes then another top pitching prospect or Chien-Ming Wang would do it but that is just a pipedream for me. Also with Posada going so well they don't really need him sure he is older but the Yankees still have time to find a replacement. If a team in the AL East needs a catcher for the future it seems like the Red Sox Varitek seems to be in the slow decline that catchers usually have. If the Braves were going to trade Salty it would be for a Teixeira or an ace/sub ace like Roy Oswalt nothing less would pry him from the Braves. Of course I don't think anyone of those would be swaps but Salty would be packaged with another top prospect.

            I live in upstate New York and I don't have as much disdain for them as I do with the Mets or Red Sox. I hear some Yankees fan who know about Salty and want him in NYC but I just can't see that happening when the Braves need a solid number 3 starter in my opinion more of a veteran and not a rookie although I wouldn't be against Hughes or Chamberlain in a Braves uniform but I don't see it happening.
            Extend Prado!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
              Yankee fan here....

              I would love for Cashman to try and pry Salty away from you folks.
              Just wondering what you think it would take?

              Keep in mind any mention of anyone named Hughes, Tabata, or Joba may produce snickers.
              If you won't trade those prospects, perhaps we could give you this guy instead of Salty. He hits for decent power, has so-so speed, but he has the ability to be a 5-tool player.

              Link
              1914 Boston Braves
              July 5th: 15 games back.
              October 13th: World Series Champs
              (Anything is possible)
              GO BRAVES!!!!!!!


              Click Here (It's all you need to get fired up about the Braves).

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tomahawk Dynasty View Post
                If you won't trade those prospects, perhaps we could give you this guy instead of Salty. He hits for decent power, has so-so speed, but he has the ability to be a 5-tool player.

                Link
                Oh, that's GOOD.
                46 wins to match last year's total

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tomahawk Dynasty View Post
                  If you won't trade those prospects, perhaps we could give you this guy instead of Salty. He hits for decent power, has so-so speed, but he has the ability to be a 5-tool player.

                  Link
                  Well, I'll be darned. I've just been RickRolled!!
                  2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                    Then you, my friend, are seriously out of luck. If the Yankees aren't willing to give their best to us, why should we even listen? Saltalamacchia is the best thing the Braves have going for them in terms of prospects. Besides, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, if Jarrod Saltalamacchia gets traded to the Yankees, I will renounce my Braves fandom and call for the firing of John Schuerholz. I mean that.
                    Don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to rob anyone.

                    But Joba, Hughes or Tabata I just cannot and will no part with.
                    Anything else is pretty much on the table.

                    Whelan, Kennedy, Clippard, Jackson.....
                    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
                      Don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to rob anyone.

                      But Joba, Hughes or Tabata I just cannot and will no part with.
                      Anything else is pretty much on the table.

                      Whelan, Kennedy, Clippard, Jackson.....
                      And I don't know who the hell any of them are. However, I do know this. I do NOT want Saltalmacchia traded to the Yankees. Even if the Yankees are royally screwed over, I wouldn't want it done. So you'll have to ask someone else what they think, because I don't like that idea in the first place.
                      46 wins to match last year's total

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
                        Don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to rob anyone.

                        But Joba, Hughes or Tabata I just cannot and will no part with.
                        Anything else is pretty much on the table.

                        Whelan, Kennedy, Clippard, Jackson.....
                        and i think that's how most Braves fans feel about Salty - they just don't want to see him go. i could be wrong but i don't want him going anywhere right now
                        Baseball Journeyman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Tony, you do realize that if we traded Saltalamacchia, we'd have the worst first-base platoon in the majors, right?
                          46 wins to match last year's total

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The yankees are the last team i want to see Salty on. So I have to agree with Sam on this one.
                            4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

                            Creator of the Guess The Player Game
                            http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              How 'bout that? I'm leading the charge!
                              46 wins to match last year's total

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X