Salty Trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
    Would a Doug Menwhateverhisnameis cure your ills?

I really like the guy and think him backing up Posada for a season or two and then taking over would be a fantasy come true.

And I just read that Johnny won't take anything less than a Mark Buerhle type pitcher for Salty. Bit too much if you ask me.

The guy has great potential, no disrespect but it's just that right now potential. You don't believe that a Buehrle type of pitcher is alot to ask for?
    I don't think it would be to much to ask for because it would most likely not be a straight swap but a package with Salty in it. Salty is a switch hitting power hitter that plays a good catcher there aren't that many of those out there. It will take a great deal for the Braves to trade Salty and if they do trade him I think they would be more likely to do it in the offseason.

Originally posted by randy View Post
    Would you be willing to put include him in a package to get Texeira from Texas?
    There really wouldn't be a point to that trade when it comes to the Braves. Tex will most likely get 20 million in 1 and a half years which he most likely won't get from the Braves. Also the way Salty produces it will be likely that Salty and Tex stats will be close to the same so why would the Braves give up a young cheap option at first that they have locked up for years for a guy that they will get pretty much the same production only for more money and will not be there in 2 years.
    Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      Not angry at all. Journeyman is right-blow it up and start over. Thought you were a rangers fan, journeyman?
      I am both. Grew up in Texas but grew up on TBS.
      Baseball Journeyman

Comment

Ian Snell from Pitsburg for Salty?

I heard this rumor.... wonder if its worth it?
        My Blog
        Adventures of a Las Vegas Local
        http://www.AdamVanWildest.com

Comment

Originally posted by adamsowell View Post
          Ian Snell from Pitsburg for Salty?

I heard this rumor.... wonder if its worth it?
          I've heard it too, and while it COULD make sense for Atlanta in the long run, Pittsburgh has nothing to gain from it because they have two catchers and LaRoche at first.
          46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

From what I have read they thought Paulino was the future but this season has turned them off on him some. I think with the repeated rumors about the Pirates wanting Salty means they don't think that Doumit or Paulino is the future at catcher.
            Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PureBaseballFan View Post
              From what I have read they thought Paulino was the future but this season has turned them off on him some. I think with the repeated rumors about the Pirates wanting Salty means they don't think that Doumit or Paulino is the future at catcher.
              Ugh, I just don't like where this whole thing is heading. I sense disaster.
              46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X