No announcement yet.

Atlanta Braves All-Time 40-Man Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether the NA was a major or not is in dispute. I'm mixed on the subject. It certainly was the only league in baseball at the time. Just to be clear, the Boston franchise with the same ownership, stockholders, and several players under contract transferred to the newly formed National League as did the Cub franchise, and they've been around ever since. Clubs entered and left leagues for other leagues many times in the 19th Century.

Comment

Originally posted by SABR Steve View Post
      Whether the NA was a major or not is in dispute. I'm mixed on the subject. It certainly was the only league in baseball at the time. Just to be clear, the Boston franchise with the same ownership, stockholders, and several players under contract transferred to the newly formed National League as did the Cub franchise, and they've been around ever since. Clubs entered and left leagues for other leagues many times in the 19th Century.
      Well, and I am in agreement with you that those players need consideration, because they were still outstanding ballplayers, and I don't think the type of league would change that. I honestly believe they'd be just as good, if not better, in today's MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
        Not sure there are many changes you can make although I sort of question why Javy Lopez is the #1 catcher if WAR is a factor here.
        The thing about WAR is that it's not universally accepted. It's only a gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by SABR Steve View Post

The thing about WAR is that it's not universally accepted. It's only a gauge.
          I'm just saying. Out of Crandall, McCann and Lopez, he has the lowest amount.
          46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X