Clear All

ORIOLES 6, BRAVES (SS) 3

W - Dillon Tate (1-0, 5.40)
    L - Grant Dayton (0-1, 11.12)
    S - Rob Zastryzny (1, 9.00)

HR - ATL - Cristian Pache (2)
    BAL - Anthony Santander (1)
    Hanser Alberto (1)

Good Days - Cristian Pache hit has second homer of the spring. Ian Anderson had three shutout innings to start the game. Tucker Davidson in his final spring outing had a shutout frame. Yangervis Solarte had two hits on the day.

Not So Good Days - Charlie Culberson, Nick Markakis and Rafael Ortega all went 0-3. Shane Greene allowed another spring homer and Grant Dayton imploded, allowing four runs (three earned) in his inning. Phil Pfeifer also allowed a run.

BRAVES 3, TWINS 2

W - Max Fried (2-0, 3.52)
    L - Jose Berrios (0-1, 2.89)
    S - Patrick Weigel (1, 2.45)

HR - Peter O'Brien (4)

Good Days - Despite five walks, Max Fried pitched 4 2/3 shutout innings. Darren O'Day, Will Smith and Josh Tomlin all had shutout innings. Peter O'Brien hit his fourth homer of the spring.

Not So Good Days - Patrick Weigel had his first less-than stellar outing, allowing two runs in the ninth, but he held on for the save. Marcell Ozuna, Yonder Alonso and Sean Kazmar, Jr. went 0-3 on the day.
    Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 03-11-2020, 09:40 PM.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

BRAVES 5, TIGERS 3

W - Shane Greene (1-2, 8.10)
      L - Joe Jimenez (0-1, 1.50)
      S - Bradley Roney (1, 0.00)

HR - ATL - Riley Unroe (1)
      DET - Jonathan Schoop (1)

Good Days - Kyle Wright pitched five innings and allowed just one run on two hits. Shane Greene, Tyler Matzek and Luke Jackson all had scoreless innings. Veteran Shane Robinson had two hits to lead the teeam and Riley Unroe hit his first homer of the spring. Austin Riley had two walks and Sean Kazmar, Jr. had two RBIs.

Not So Good Days - Thomas Burrows allowed two runs on three hits and a walk and had to be bailed out by Bradley Roney to finish the game Drew Waters, Yangervis Solarte and Charlie Culberson all went 0-3 and five others went 0-2.

See y'all when baseball resumes. I'm confident it will at some point. As it is said: this too shall pass.

Comment

BRAVES 10, MARLINS 9

W - Chad Sobotka (1-0, 3.18)
        L - Alex Vesia (0-1, 1.35)
        HR - MIA - Jorge Alfaro (1)
        Miguel Rojas (1)
        Jonathan Villar (3)
        Jesus Sanchez (2)
        ATL - Matt Adams (WO, 1)

Good Days - Charlie Culberson went 1-2 with a double and 3 RBIs for the big blow in the Braves' 8-run eighth. Matt Adams in a return to the Braves, walked twice, scored two runs and hit a walk-off solo homer to win the game.
        Drew Waters and Marcell Ozuna also had doubles. Josh Tomlin pitched a scoreless two innings, cementing his long relief status and Tyler Matzek had 2/3 of a scoreless inning.

Bad Days - Ozzie Albies went 0-3 and Austin Riley struck out twice in two at-bats. Ender Inciarte and Wilson Contreras also went 0-2. Mike Foltynewicz's outing was a disaster as he gave up 6 runs in 4 1/3 innings despite walking no batters. Chris Rusin gave up two runs in his inning of work and Chad Sobotka blew the save in the ninth after the Braves took the lead in the previoius inning.

Comment

MARLINS 6, BRAVES 2

W - Pablo Lopez (1-1, 5.06)
          L - Kyle Wright (0-1, 2.65)
          HR - MIA - Harold Ramirez (3)
          ATL - Austin Riley 2 (4)

Good Days - Austin Riley hit two solo home runs and three Braves pitchers had scoreless frames.

Bad Days - The rest of the offense combined for just two hits and two walks. Kyle Wright allowed two runs in 3 2/3 innings to take the loss. Luke Jackson and Mark Melancon allowed two runs each in their outings.

And that's a wrap for Summer Camp. I'll be here Opening Day forward.

Austin Riley and Peter O'Brien led the team with four homers in spring. O'Brien, Christian Pache and Charlie Culberson led with 7 RBIs. With the most playing time, Riley led in batting average (.375) and probably secured the starting third base job because Camargo is uncertain. Interestingly, the starter in the rotation that pitched the most in spring that will be playing is Kyle Wright.

Comment

Just a heads up for anyone who cares: updates will again be sporadic. If there are even any. You'd think one year I'd want to actually finish this thing.

Comment

Just decided I'm not going to bother. I don't watch any of the games (not that I would this year) and I don't want to look at results timely. I'll do it for the playoffs, if they play it at al and the Braves make it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X