X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Originally posted by HitnRun View Post
    I was reading that in 1972 the Dodgers were one of the first teams to go from a 4 man to 5 man rotation. The biggest reason of the switch was to reduce the stress on pitchers arms. I am sure we will have some form of this because Smoltzie has talked about missing starts - but could this be something a team with older arms and depth could plan on?
    Nope. Because in effect, that would mean the sixth starter would be taking away starts from either John Smoltz or Tim Hudson. It's counter productive. Smoltz might be getting rest, but the Braves would be putting a Buddy Carlyle out there to try to replace what would have been his turn. Would you rather that happen every sixth time out, or every now and then?

Leave a comment:

• HitnRun
    started a topic Can the Braves have a 6 man rotation?

Can the Braves have a 6 man rotation?

I was reading that in 1972 the Dodgers were one of the first teams to go from a 4 man to 5 man rotation. The biggest reason of the switch was to reduce the stress on pitchers arms. I am sure we will have some form of this because Smoltzie has talked about missing starts - but could this be something a team with older arms and depth could plan on?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X