X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    Originally posted by jpenrod
    He will win more games if the pen does not blow 30% of the games he is winning
    Same is true for Hudson, he could have won about 5 more games if the pen hadn't blown games. His biggest "freshie" was the NLDS game against the Astros.

Leave a comment:

• KCGHOST
    replied
    It doesn't matter to me who is the Opening Day starter. And the logic that designating Hudson as the #1 starter makes it easier for the Braves to rest Smoltz simply escapes me.

Leave a comment:

• jpenrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
    I think Smoltz will be more effective as a #2 than as the primary man, he'll have more rest and win more games.
    He will win more games if the pen does not blow 30% of the games he is winning

Leave a comment:

• Atlanta Braves Freak
    replied
    I think Smoltz will be more effective as a #2 than as the primary man, he'll have more rest and win more games.

Leave a comment:

• jpenrod
    replied
    Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
    Why?:noidea

If you read the articles I linked you would have your answer, but just in case you can not use the links. Basically they want huddy to carry more of the load this season so Smoltz can reduce his innings and not run into the problem he had last year. The idea of moving him to #2 is it will be easier for Cox to skip him in the rotation when the schedule allows it giving his arm some rest.

Leave a comment:

• AJsBraves
    replied
    I have absloutly no problem with huddy starting opening day.

Leave a comment:

• wilkerson_rulz-06
    replied
    Why?:noidea

Leave a comment:

• jpenrod
    replied
    A couple articles in the Atlanta paper about it.

Article 1

Article 2

Leave a comment:

• PureBaseballFan
    started a topic Smoltz Not Opening Day Starter

Smoltz Not Opening Day Starter

From an article on atlantabraves.com it says Hudson will be the #1 starter not Smoltz. http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp...=.jsp&c_id=atl

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X