X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lopez to retire

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
    Originally posted by bhss89
    "Hi. My name is John. I'd like you to meet my fastball. Can you catch up to it?
    Didn't think so. I'll see you again tomorrow night around the top of the ninth."
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
    Why can't they just air the doubleheaders? Those programs aimed at children are crap anyway.

Georgia women blink back tears...

Comment

Originally posted by spark240 View Post
      Georgia women blink back tears...
      Very funny!
      Originally posted by bhss89
      "Hi. My name is John. I'd like you to meet my fastball. Can you catch up to it?
      Didn't think so. I'll see you again tomorrow night around the top of the ninth."
      Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
      Why can't they just air the doubleheaders? Those programs aimed at children are crap anyway.

Comment

He was a decent catcher. I think he retired at the right time though. Very funny about the ladies too Spark240
        MySpace Codes

Comment

He most certainly had a fine career, PED accusations or no. The question now is: is he the greatest catcher the Braves have ever had?
          46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
            He most certainly had a fine career, PED accusations or no. The question now is: is he the greatest catcher the Braves have ever had?
            Possibly. He wasn't the best defensive catcher, but his offense was always timely. I've gotta do some research.
            2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

I am glad that I was able to see him play in 2005.

Comment

I think Torre was a little better than Javy, but it's close (and I like Javy more anyhow ).
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

I was glad the Braves decided to give him a tryout and it seemed that some people had already started to pencil him in as the backup. He was a big piece of the team during the divisional run of the 90s/00s. I remember the '96 NLCS when he turned on the boomstick against the Cards. He hit .542 during that series.
                  Last edited by Extra Innings; 03-24-2008, 08:22 AM.
                  My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

He was just too old.

I really wanted him here, but he didn't do too well, and he sure didn't impress. It was time for him to move on.

Comment

It's too bad - Erik Bedard and Ichiro have really bad STs, but nobody even really cares. But when you're in Javy's position, you have to have a good spring.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                        The question now is: is he the greatest catcher the Braves have ever had?
                        Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak View Post
                        Possibly. He wasn't the best defensive catcher, but his offense was always timely. I've gotta do some research.

Comment

Who's that? Del Crandall?

Comment

Yeah, my favorite Braves catcher (by film and anecdote). Not the hitter some other guys have been, but a great defender.

Comment

Originally posted by spark240 View Post
                              Yeah, my favorite Braves catcher (by film and anecdote). Not the hitter some other guys have been, but a great defender.
                              That's true, but I don't think he was that great a defender to overcome that hitting deficiency to be the best Braves catcher of all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X