Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braves Claim Gotay Off Waivers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Braves Claim Gotay Off Waivers

    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=MLB&id=3934

    Braves claimed infielder Ruben Gotay off waivers from the Mets.

    The Braves didn't want to carry Brent Lillibridge as a bench player, so Gotay will join Martin Prado to give the Braves two backup infielders until Omar Infante returns in late April. At that point, the one of the two playing better figures to stay. Gotay should get the odd start at second base versus a lefty, but it's doubtful that he'll have any fantasy value.
    That's a pretty good move. Gotay is a solid backup and even better news; he's not as bad as Chris Woodward.
    46 wins to match last year's total

  • #2
    Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=MLB&id=3934



    That's a pretty good move. Gotay is a solid backup and even better news; he's not as bad as Chris Woodward.

    But they're crazy if he gets the odd start against a lefty. He had a lot of good ABs batting lefthanded against righties, but he's miserable batting righthanded against lefties.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by metfan13 View Post
      But they're crazy if he gets the odd start against a lefty. He had a lot of good ABs batting lefthanded against righties, but he's miserable batting righthanded against lefties.
      Unlike Willie Randolph, Bobby Cox isn't an idiot so he'll know how to play Gotay.
      "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

      "If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

      "At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
        Unlike Willie Randolph, Bobby Cox isn't an idiot so he'll know how to play Gotay.
        Not to have this arguement on the Braves board, but he was used properly. Unless you suggest that Cox will never bat him against a lefty. Anyway I was just commenting on what was posted in the blurb.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by metfan13 View Post
          Not to have this arguement on the Braves board, but he was used properly. Unless you suggest that Cox will never bat him against a lefty. Anyway I was just commenting on what was posted in the blurb.
          Oh, I gaurantee you if Gotay is hitting lefties, he'll start against lefties sometimes. Yunel Escobar started out platooning with Kelly Johnson last season, so I wouldn't put it past Cox to do that.
          46 wins to match last year's total

          Comment

          Ad Widget

          Collapse
          Working...
          X