Braves 2008 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braves 2008 Season Thread

discuss here. can i get a sticky please?
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

I'm not sure of what to say about yesterday. I want to say that it was a game of bad breaks, bad decisions and just bad luck, but that would be making excuses.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

i know the braves only had five hits to begin with, but johnson and esco got on base a combined 2/8. That doesn't give much rbi opportunitys for the fantastic four (too corny, i know): chipper, tex, mccann, and frenchy.

I think the offense will come. Might take a bit for people to get back in the groove.

Frenchy had good cuts in his last at-bat(the almost homer), and chipper, tex and mccann looked good.

i know it's just one game, but the offense starts AND ends with KJ and esco.

Comment

We just blew the lead to the Pirates.. wow..
        Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Francoeurstein View Post
          We just blew the lead to the Pirates.. wow..
          ...and the Pirates just blew it back.

Comment

I can't take too many more of these games. This is killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by JoVision View Post
              I can't take too many more of these games. This is killing me.
              Well, take heart in that there shouldn't be much of them.

Comment

i know you can point to many things. and maybe this is making excuses, but I just did not forsee starting the season 0-2 because of FIELDING ERRORS!

glavine did a pretty good job scattering hits, hudson was stellar and the offense got going.

Here's to an error-free rest of the week!

Comment

Why

did the schedule makers have the Braves opening up the Nationals new park on Sunday night and the next day they have their opening day against the Pirates at Turner Stadium?

I don't ever recall a one game series to open a season. That's just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Tyler View Post
                    did the schedule makers have the Braves opening up the Nationals new park on Sunday night and the next day they have their opening day against the Pirates at Turner Stadium?

I don't ever recall a one game series to open a season. That's just ridiculous.
                    Well, I do. The Braves did the same thing in 2001, opening in Cincinnati, then they flew to Atlanta. It's forever immortalized in the Game Boy Advance game Baseball Advance.

Comment

Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
                      i know you can point to many things. and maybe this is making excuses, but I just did not forsee starting the season 0-2 because of FIELDING ERRORS!

glavine did a pretty good job scattering hits, hudson was stellar and the offense got going.

Here's to an error-free rest of the week!
                      Er... I think the Braves started 0-2 because of Xavier Nady, since that's the way the game shook out.

Comment

Corky?

Man, I hope that this Corky Miller guy can get some quality at bats. It would be so much fun to cheer for a fella named Corky.
                        --- Zachary

Comment

Originally posted by ZacharyUTK View Post
                          Man, I hope that this Corky Miller guy can get some quality at bats. It would be so much fun to cheer for a fella named Corky.
                          That would be a big negative, good buddy. Miller barely qualifies as a backup as it is.

Welcome to the boards, though.

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                            Er... I think the Braves started 0-2 because of Xavier Nady, since that's the way the game shook out.
                            yea, well i was going off the assumption that without the errors the game wouldn't have gone to extra innings, but i guess that's a big "IF"

Comment

Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
                              yea, well i was going off the assumption that without the errors the game wouldn't have gone to extra innings, but i guess that's a big "IF"
                              Yep. Think of it like "Back to the Future, Part 2": if you change something about the past, then it just goes in a different direction, and quite frankly, you don't know how it's going to turn out.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X