Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moylan placed on DL, Please Don't Panic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moylan placed on DL, Please Don't Panic

    http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=atl

    I suggest that because... well, it's not like Moylan is the only man in the pen. Despite what has been going on, the bullpen has been doing fine considering the circumstances. Both closers go down, starters injured here and there. You'd have to expect a few things like this to happen.

    Get well soon, Pete.
    46 wins to match last year's total

  • #2
    yea, i suppose. normally you don't expect them all at the SAME TIME! man, that's rough though, and with no days off until the 29th I believe, all the injuries could catch up to them, AND still need to find a way to win two of three against the fish I think.

    here's to getting all the injuries out of the way now. (knock on wood)
    Last edited by chip&smoltz95; 04-15-2008, 02:08 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
      yea, i suppose. normally you don't expect them all at the SAME TIME! man, that's rough though, and with no days off until the 29th I believe, all the injuries could catch up to them, AND still need to find a way to win two of three against the fish I think.

      here's to getting all the injuries out of the way now. (knock on wood)
      Yep. Sometimes it happens. That's baseball, unfortunately. Not all peaches and cream. I think it's for the first time in my life I haven't gone apoplectic over a sequence of events like that.

      The Braves can find a way to win two out of three against the Fish, surely.
      46 wins to match last year's total

      Comment


      • #4
        Moylan and Soriano= OUT

        Who does that leave as the closer?
        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak View Post
          Moylan and Soriano= OUT

          Who does that leave as the closer?
          I bet you it'll be Manny Acosta or Blaine Boyer. Not that the closer is of any real importance.
          46 wins to match last year's total

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Dont panic

            I am not panicking...I understand that 40% of our rotation is over 40 years old...I also understand that another 20% of our rotation has not pitched in the majors in the last 2 years.

            That leaves a good 40% to rely on. A rookie...Jair is doing well...I am not taking away from him.

            Huddy? Well, he is huddy, catch the ball behind him and score a couple of runs and we are over .500.

            The Bullpen?

            Well, Soriano, oh, he's gone.

            Yeah, well, ...Gonzalez, ...oh, crap, ...he's gone too.

            But at least we have got Moylan..., man, I forgot, ...that is what the post was about anyway.

            Look, I know things happen, I really thought (optomistically) that, if both our rotation and bullpen stayed healthy that...along with our offense, ...we definately had a competitive team.

            Its just hard to swallow the age of the rotation and how early everyone got hurt...especially Glavine. The boy has led us to the Series with broken ribs before...

            We did, however, come into tonights game with the 3rd best starting ERA in the NL so I understand that if everyone is healthy, well, we can take on anyone.

            Comment


            • #7
              And it just doesn't do any damn good to point out all of the bad things at once, does it? I mean, an injury happens, and we just pile it on with the rest of them and worry and sometimes panic. That's silly.
              46 wins to match last year's total

              Comment


              • #8
                glavine hasn't gone on the DL yet, that's at least SOME good news (knock on wood).

                and yea, i agree. jair has been pretty good, especially for a rookie. (great move mr. wren)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
                  glavine hasn't gone on the DL yet, that's at least SOME good news (knock on wood).

                  and yea, i agree. jair has been pretty good, especially for a rookie. (great move mr. wren)
                  Might have been Schuerholz's move and Wren finished it.
                  46 wins to match last year's total

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wren/Schuerholz/Jurrjens

                    I had heard rumblings that Schuerholz fingerprints were originally on the Jair trade...but, you are correct, that Wren finished it.

                    I had never heard of him honestly, my son had. I hated losing Edgar but Jair is making that loss really pain-free...Especially seeing how Escobar is playing the game.

                    I am also very glad that Tommy hasnt gone on the DL...but I am still going to worry the next few times he takes the mound. We definately need his quality starts out there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jadarm1 View Post
                      I had heard rumblings that Schuerholz fingerprints were originally on the Jair trade...but, you are correct, that Wren finished it.

                      I had never heard of him honestly, my son had. I hated losing Edgar but Jair is making that loss really pain-free...Especially seeing how Escobar is playing the game.

                      I am also very glad that Tommy hasnt gone on the DL...but I am still going to worry the next few times he takes the mound. We definately need his quality starts out there.
                      Along with those quality starts, we need quality offense. It's not often that you see this team's pitching and hitting having off nights at the same time.
                      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hopefully, Once Glavine, Smoltz, and Huddy get back on the mound will be the same time that Tex turns it on.

                        I know he is notorious for getting off to slow starts...but I hope he is playing for the "now" instead of playing for "Boras" and the off-season.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jadarm1 View Post
                          Hopefully, Once Glavine, Smoltz, and Huddy get back on the mound will be the same time that Tex turns it on.

                          I know he is notorious for getting off to slow starts...but I hope he is playing for the "now" instead of playing for "Boras" and the off-season.
                          Man, I don't care who Tex plays for just as long as he plays.
                          46 wins to match last year's total

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=7728

                            Status Alert:
                            The ulna collateral ligament in Moylan's right elbow has been compromised by a bone spur, but an examination by Dr. James Andrews recommends waiting two weeks before making a decision on Tommy John surgery, the team's official web site reports. (Apr 17)
                            "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

                            "If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

                            "At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks for the update, it will be good news if that is actually the case.

                              Glavine however is going on the DL for the first time in his career. I think it sucks for him worse than it does us. It is retroactive and apparently the soonest he could pitch for us again will be the 29th against Washington.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X