Suriprise! Hampton re-injured during rehab start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suriprise! Hampton re-injured during rehab start

According to the AJC, Hampton felt pain in the left pectoral muscle which previously sent him to the DL.

I really don't even know what to say about Hampton any more.
    Last edited by jwkfs; 04-30-2008, 12:41 PM.
    Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Originally posted by jwkfs View Post
    According to the AJC, Hampton felt pain in the left pectoral muscle which previously sent him to the DL.

I really don't even know what to say about Hampton any more.
    Don't say anything then. It is what it is.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Not that it'll make you guys feel any better, but someone in the Mets forum recently brought up great bit of trivia about the unlamented loss of Hampton by the Mets. In the suplemental pick NY recieved for losing him, the Mets chose David Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
        Not that it'll make you guys feel any better, but someone in the Mets forum recently brought up great bit of trivia about the unlamented loss of Hampton by the Mets. In the suplemental pick NY recieved for losing him, the Mets chose David Wright.
        Well, that's just a nice bit of trivia. ;P Besides, that pick was from Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
          Besides, that pick was from Colorado.
          No duh.
          Just mentioning it because something good often comes from something that seems to be bad at the time.
          There may be a silver lining in his injury for your Braves. You never know !

Comment

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
            No duh.
            Just mentioning it because something good often comes from something that seems to be bad at the time.
            There may be a silver lining in his injury for your Braves. You never know !
            There hasn't exactly been one for three years and no sane team is going to sign him to a contract, much less have a standing where they'll have to give up a pick when they sign him.

Comment

what about putting hampton in the bullpen? i mean sure he wouldn't be able to close, but maybe a bridge guy, 6th or 7th innings sorta like campillo, since bennett should be in the starting rotation the rest of the season now. I mean maybe he doesn't cannot get stretched out enough in his legs to go multiple innings.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
                what about putting hampton in the bullpen? i mean sure he wouldn't be able to close, but maybe a bridge guy, 6th or 7th innings sorta like campillo, since bennett should be in the starting rotation the rest of the season now. I mean maybe he doesn't cannot get stretched out enough in his legs to go multiple innings.

Thoughts?
                To get any use out of him that might be a possibility. I don't see it going over very well though.
                My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X