james to start saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• james to start saturday

okay, according to the braves website james is expected to be called up for saturday's game against the pirates. but why?

1. I think bennett has been good.

2. and could be better with starts on a regular basis.

3. James may been good in richmond, but he still only has two pitches as far as I know. I just don't see that cutting it in the bigs.

Originally posted by chip&smoltz95 View Post
    okay, according to the braves website james is expected to be called up for saturday's game against the pirates. but why?

1. I think bennett has been good.

2. and could be better with starts on a regular basis.

3. James may been good in richmond, but he still only has two pitches as far as I know. I just don't see that cutting it in the bigs.
    I wouldn't be counting on Bennett to be part of the starting rotation full-time. If that happens, he could very easily turn out to be the next Lance Cormier.

I'm getting a little frustrated with this "two-pitch" stuff. The only thing that Chuck James has to do in any shape or form is provide a league-average performance, and in comparison to Jeff Bennett, I think he's quite capable of doing that as it is.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

James has a career .615 win percentage. he gets the job done. in his first 39 career starts he had a 3.75 era and then he started having shoulder issues and struggled at the end of last season. James will go 5-6 innings and post at worst a league average era. most teams would kill for that in the 5th spot.

Comment

i guess. so who do you send down to make room for him? If reyes is gonna be the number 4, you cannot really play call up, call down with the two of them. I think campillo is the only pen guy with options left, but he's really good, so I would think you would want him available.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X