Braves sign Jorge!! Not Sosa, Julio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braves sign Jorge!! Not Sosa, Julio

ANAHEIM -- As their pitching staff continues to be diminished by injuries, the Braves are looking anywhere and everywhere for help. Their most recent reclamation project will be Jorge Julio, the veteran reliever who was released by the Indians last week
    http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=atl
    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak View Post
    Eh. This is the same kind of signing as Scott Williamson. We'll see if Julio can get something together and help the big club, though. The Braves don't have anything to lose here.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
      Eh. This is the same kind of signing as Scott Williamson. We'll see if Julio can get something together and help the big club, though. The Braves don't have anything to lose here.
      Looking at Julio this year other then 1 time he pitched pretty well in 15 G. Overall good low risk possible high reward as Julio is still semi young at 29 and if Hansen and McDowell can help him he could be a really good pickup.
      Extend Prado!!!

Comment

In my experience, he's a guy who is solid when he's not expected to close. Nothing to lose here, really.

PBF, I think you may want to include Mr. Reyes in your future dream rotation

Looking forward to Morton's debut. If he excells, his new name will be Sir Charles.
        3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

"Because as I learned in my years covering Frank McCourt: MLB owners do not see themselves as stewards of the national pastime. They see their teams as their property they can light on fire if they so choose." - Molly Knight

Comment

Man, the last time I seen Julio was when he was being shuffled in/out of the Marlins bullpen. Another bargain bin relief pitcher. We'll see what happens.
          My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Originally posted by Los Bravos View Post
            PBF, I think you may want to include Mr. Reyes in your future dream rotation
            I know the thing is I defended Reyes last year saying he was just a young pitcher still developing to some posters who didn't think he was that good and now he isn't even in my future rotation.

The problem is who do I drop from that list because I like all of those guys a lot.
            Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Innings View Post
              Man, the last time I seen Julio was when he was being shuffled in/out of the Marlins bullpen. Another bargain bin relief pitcher. We'll see what happens.
              I'm not really a fan of Jorge Julio. I put him in the same category as Reitsma, Kolb, Roberto "Gas Can" Hernandez, and Wickman.
              2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak View Post
                I'm not really a fan of Jorge Julio. I put him in the same category as Reitsma, Kolb, Roberto "Gas Can" Hernandez, and Wickman.
                At least Wickman had an "unhittable" stretch.

Comment

I'm sorry you signed him.

Comment

Originally posted by GreekGuy87 View Post
                    I'm sorry you signed him.
                    Haw haw. It's as an extreme last resort. We all know how bad he usually is.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X