Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Winn...Braves interested?

From the SFGate:

"Some scouts believe Randy Winn will be a hot name as the July 31 trade deadline approaches. One team with apparent interest is Atlanta. ..."

Acquiring Winn would give us more depth in the OF with Kotsay and Diaz being on the shelf for awhile. He's due $8M this year and $8.25M next year. If the Braves are willing to go after him, then the Giants would have to pay a chunk of his salary. Who would it take to get him? A mid-level prospect?
    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Originally posted by Extra Innings View Post
    From the SFGate:

"Some scouts believe Randy Winn will be a hot name as the July 31 trade deadline approaches. One team with apparent interest is Atlanta. ..."

Acquiring Winn would give us more depth in the OF with Kotsay and Diaz being on the shelf for awhile. He's due $8M this year and $8.25M next year. If the Braves are willing to go after him, then the Giants would have to pay a chunk of his salary. Who would it take to get him? A mid-level prospect?
    I have heard they would take a low level prospect as long as the other team would take all the salary. I think someone like Brent Lillibridge could get it done or one of the lower level pitchers. I like the idea of adding him to the roster putting him in CF and having him be a lead off hitter, it would not only help the top of the order but also the bottom as Kelly would move down to the 6th or 7th spot in the lineup.

The Braves would take on about 4 Million for this season as the Giants have already paid him so far this season and 8 Million next year isn't that bad as it gives them the option of trading B. Jones and putting Winn in LF if Schafer is ready or letting Schafer get more time in the minors and might let them trade Winn or B. Jones when Schafer is ready.
    Extend Prado!!!

Comment

Jayson Stark is now mentioning that the Braves are looking at LFs and rambles off the likes of Raul Ibanez, Jason Bay, and Xavier Nady as ones that would make sense.

Bay looks like he is back to form and is covered through 2009. Nady and Ibanez will both enter free agency at season's end. I would think that the Pirates would want quite a bit for Bay and probably a little less for Nady. Seattle may even take lesser for Ibanez with new mgmt coming in.
      My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X