Peter Moylan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Moylan

I looked up the stats of the australlian pitcher the braves signed . And look at this

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/m/peter-moylan.shtml

and his stats weren't eyepopping, but certainly no reason to give up on the kid.
    I mean it was rookie leauge and his era. was just a cllip over 4 and in his final season his strikeout total matched his innings pitched. The guy seemed to be improving. Wonder why the Twins let him go. The braves may have found a Rudy Seanez/Darren Holmes/Chris Hammound once again
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

I was reading over at the sporting news, or somewhere like that, that since his rookie ball days he found out he could throw close to 10mph faster using a sidearm delivery. Boosting his merger 88mph fastball to 96mph or higher.

Thats suppose to be part of the difference, plus there was suppose to be some kind of personality issues, like he wasn't dedicated at practicing and drilling, and had problems listening to coaches.

I'd say the personality problems was the big reason he was released, straw that broke the camels back

That was all suppose to have happened in the last year or so and the WBC was just the platform he needed for attention.

What I heard anyway... so if he has really changed that much he might actually be a good pickup.

Here is a link to a story on him
    http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp...=.jsp&c_id=atl
    Last edited by grizzly451; 03-22-2006, 11:19 AM.

Comment

back when he was a kid

I knew Pete as a junior player and when he signed with the Twins.
      You could not meet nicer guy. VERY enthisiastic and excitable guy. The kind of person you want on your baseball team. I bet he can still hit too! I hope the Braves don't rush to hit for him. He might be another good hitting Braves pitcher.

Comment

He looked real good last night. he gave up one hit, which was a slowly hit 2B down the line. He struck out Rollins (I believe) and made him look silly.

Comment

Peter Moylan promoted to the braves again

Peter Moylan has been called up again to help the bullpen.

He did not appear in Wednesdays loss, the article I read on mlb.com hinted this may be a temporary move.

Good luck Peter.

From Australia

Comment

Yeah, he's pretty much temping until Cormier gets back in 15 days. If he pitches well in the spots Cox places him in, he might bump McBride out of the pen if he struggles. But I look to see McBride become a set up guy, and Moylan to be the #1 pitcher in AAA.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X