No announcement yet.

Devine not on Opening Day Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure he took the demotion in stride, he seems like a good guy. But, really how much could it hurt him? He'll get a few quality appearances as a closer and we'll see him back in Atlanta when he's ready.
    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Speaking of Devine taking it in stride. I was reading an article I believe at ajc.com, and there were a few quotes from him, in which he sounded very mature about thr situation at hand.
      And judging by todays bullpen effectiveness, if this is a sign of things to come, I'm sure Joey won't have long to wait.
      Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

He knew we he got sent down that he would be back in no time. This is just going to be a time to refine his skills.
        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

Yea, but my father and I have been sick of Reitsma since 2004. Bobby uses him too much. He has to realize that he doesn't have the closer stuff and Devine does. Also, when Reitsma isn't closer he gets put in like every second or third game and i think he should be like long relief. I just want him to be traded or something, the sooner he leaves, sooner bliss fills my soul.

HA86
          Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

i think Reitsma is a very good middle reliever. I would use him in roles in which there was a lack of pressure. He just seems to easily crumble when the going gets tough.

This is good for Devine to spend some time in the minors honing his skills. This is one guy I would make sure I didn't rush.
            Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X