• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PureBaseballFan
    I Believe Do You?
    • Jan 2005

Devine not on Opening Day Roster

Like the title says Joey Devine is not on the opening day roster was wondering what some of you guys think of that?
    Extend Prado!!!
  • TheKingofKings
    KJ
    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by PureBaseballFan
    Like the title says Joey Devine is not on the opening day roster was wondering what some of you guys think of that?
    Yah , apparently he was sent to the minors yesterday . Whell this can only say one thing , that Chris Reitsma will be the Braves' 2006 Closer .

Comment

• Atlanta Braves Freak
      • Oct 2002

I thought this was an April Fool's joke seeing that whosyourpapi posted here, but didn't he dress for last night's game? Was he sent down after the game?
      2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• TheKingofKings
        KJ
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
        I thought this was an April Fool's joke seeing that whosyourpapi posted here, but didn't he dress for last night's game? Was he sent down after the game?
        I don't know when he was sent down exactly but it was yesterday and thx for thr Joker Reputation you dignifie me by .

Comment

• Francoeurstein
          Braves Mod
          • Aug 2005

Great... Devine he shuold be our closer and he gets sent down!!! Well, back to the blown save reputation with Reitsma.
          Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• Go Bravos!!!#1
            2007 We Mean Business
            • Sep 2005

I totally miss the strategy here. The logic ELUDES me!!! Devine had the greatest spring of any braves reliever arguably. If you want Thomson in the bullpen, you send down Cormier not Devine!!!

I had Devine set as the 2nd set-up guy. I guess they are letting him practice in the closer's role at Richmond. I thought for sure he had a spot in the 'pen, that was like a given.

I hope Thomson can turn into the reliever he was in last year's playoffs. I also hope Devine gets called up in a hurry.

Still not a bad bullpen anyhow. :gt And Chris Reitsma plz don't embarrass yourself as closer.
            Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• Go Bravos!!!#1
              2007 We Mean Business
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak
              I too thought it was an April Fool's joke .h

Comment

• PureBaseballFan
                I Believe Do You?
                • Jan 2005

Maybe they wanted to carry two lefties since Remlinger wasn't always an effective pitcher maybe once Mcbride is completely healthy they will move James and Remlinger down to the minors and put Devine and Mcbride in the bullpen.
                Extend Prado!!!

Comment

• Go Bravos!!!#1
                  2007 We Mean Business
                  • Sep 2005

I think it'll depend on how effective our righty's are against leftys.

Comment

• BeisbolNut
                    • Mar 2006

Well, it shocked me as well. Has to be discouraging, but given the questions about the present bullpen, I'm sure we will see him fairly soon.

Vaya Los Bravos

Comment

• Go Bravos!!!#1
                      2007 We Mean Business
                      • Sep 2005

Yeah, you'll have to assume he'll get a sigifnicant amount of playing time this year. Not only for our lacking bullpen, but for his great ability.

Comment

• Atlanta Braves Freak
                        • Oct 2002

I'm not happy about Joey Devine being sent down, but if we look back at last season he really struggled. He gave up a grand slam against San Diego in his debut, then a grand slam in his second game against the Cubs, and we can't forget about the homer he gave up to the Astros Chris Burke to end the Braves season. I think a week or two in Richmond won't hurt. There is no doubt he'll be back, Bobby probably just wants him to refine a few skills and come back in late April.

Truthfully, other than this Spring Training and his career at NC State, WHAT CAN WE JUDGE HIM ON?
                        Last edited by Atlanta Braves Freak; 04-01-2006, 02:24 PM.
                        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

• Go Bravos!!!#1
                          2007 We Mean Business
                          • Sep 2005

You're right ABF. But most of his spring was "Sidd Finch" like. (Keeping in line with April Fools Day):gt :gt :gt

Comment

• grizzly451
                            Baseball Addict
                            • Feb 2005

Devine being sent down really surprises me given the spring he had, I would have figured that the team would have made room for him, at least give him a shot to start the season off.

Man, that has to be rough blow for Devine after doing so well.

I'm too clueless when it comes to April Fools Jokes...probably wouldn't have noticed if it had been one. haha

Comment

• Go Bravos!!!#1
                              2007 We Mean Business
                              • Sep 2005

Yeah That must've been tough for Devine to hear that speel. Umm... Joey we're sending you down for a while, and it's no April Fool's joke

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X