No announcement yet.

2006 Braves Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That'll make us forget about his first start!!! Oops...
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

• Bad news is Renteria got hurt -- strained his rib cage striking out late in the game.

Hope it's not serious!
      Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

• Probably just day to day. I'm glad Bobby played it safe and put in Pena JR. at SS.
        Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Comment

• I was watching the highlights of the game on Baseball Tonight, and Andruw Jones was making some great catches. Who says that man can't still play D.

Comment

• Here's the Wrap-up and Box Score on the game.

Wrap

Box

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
              I was watching the highlights of the game on Baseball Tonight, and Andruw Jones was making some great catches. Who says that man can't still play D.
              I thought the exact same thing, thinking about the "Andruw vs Jason Bay" thread. What decline in defense? I only wish this game had been on TBS so I could have seen him make those plays live.
              Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules -- and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.

Comment

• Braves are tenth in power rankings . http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/powerrankings

Comment

• 15 in ESPN Rankings!!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/powerranking

Comment

• Originally posted by jwkfs
                    I thought the exact same thing, thinking about the "Andruw vs Jason Bay" thread. What decline in defense? I only wish this game had been on TBS so I could have seen him make those plays live.
                    Same here. I'm thinking what do you want the guy to make every play. He's the best in the game and possibly the best ever. Even now at this age. Which is I'm afraid to say is......ALMOST 30!!!!

The guy is only 29!!! He's got 10- 15 years left in him!!! He's as good as he always is which is always superior.

Comment

• Braves send John Thomson on the mound to face Woody Williams for the Padres. The Braves go for the series sweep!!!

GAME AT 1:05 ON TBS!!!

Comment

• Woody Williams is old and dried up we can take him.

Comment

• Dissapointing loss today. Braves lose 4-3. :grouchy

Comment

• Going into more detail I believe that this was really a game the Braves should have come out and won.

Thomson pitched excellent, besides Ken Ray (who this whole season had been great) so did the bullpen.

Andruw Jones homered, also he played great defense. Francoeur got another hit. Giles and Thomson doubled, it was a good game.

Ray came in gave up a homer and 2 doubles. Then a few innings later Remlinger came in and did pitch well. (Can't believe he got the loss) Unfortunently, Langerhans dove for a ball which would have been a base hit, the ball was missed however and rolled all the way to the wall, giving Eric Young a lead off triple in the 8th.

The run eventually scored and put the Braves down 4-3. They did their best against Linebrink and Hoffman, but they could not comeback.

This was a game the Braves clearly should have won.

The Mets won...again today so the Braves are back to 4 games down.
                            I hope Renteria is back soon we need him for this series against the Mets.

I'd love a sweep then we'd only be back 1.

But let's not get too dissapointed. We won the series 2-1 and boosted our record up a game. We can't lose this series versus the Mets. That would be bad.

In fact in a few minutes, I am going to make a thread about this.

Comment

• Here's the Wrap-up and Box Score.

Wrap

Box

Comment

• Another great outing for the starting pitchers. Thomson's 6IP w/only 1H and 6SO was great. It seems lately that as the pitching gets better the runs start to drop off. The team is 4-for-(the last)31 AB w/runners in scoring position. Had the chances to put them away and didn't. Had to put the broom back in the closet. Frustrating loss to say the least.

The series with the Mets is very important since they are up 4 games right now. Not crucial, but important. I don't know how healthy they are, but we need to hurry up and get well soon, if that's possible. Smoltz will miss the Mets series b/c of the rotation. We will pitch 4, 5, and 1 against their 1, 2, and 3.

9 games in 10 days on the road. Let's come back home with some momentum. I see we play the Mets when we return, and if the rotation stays the way it is, we will pitch 3, 4, and 5 against them. Smoltz misses again. Have to wait and see.
                                Last edited by atlbravesfan; 04-16-2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X